TSA Detains Woman Over "Attitude"

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ause-attitude-130613985--abc-news-travel.html

A woman who claims the Transportation Security Administration detained her from her flight because the agent didn't like her attitude has posted a video of the confrontation on YouTube.The 22-second video has 45,000 views as of Monday morning. It is posted under the name AirportVideoofTSA. The person who uploaded the video writes, "I was not allowed to board a plane (even though I had already been through airport security) because I drank my water instead of letting the TSA "test" it. The TSA agent finally admitted that it wasn't because they thought I was a security risk-it was because the TSA agent, Louis Godeaux, was mad at me!"
Though the audio is garbled, the exchange goes like this:
Woman: Do you think I'm honestly a threat? Do you think that?
TSA agent: No, no, no but with your attitude . . .
Woman: Wait, let me get this straight, this is retaliatory for my attitude? This is not making the airways safer, this is retaliatory.
TSA agent: Pretty much, yes. [Inaudible]
Woman: Is that legal?
TSA agent: Yes it is.
ABC News contacted the TSA which said, "In our initial review, we concluded that this individual was screened in accordance with standard procedures."
Though TSA has been testing liquid post-security since 2007, the issue made news last week when a video was posted of TSA agents testing passengers' liquids the airport in Columbus, Ohio.
"The test involves a test strip and a dropper containing a nontoxic solution. In case you're wondering, our officers don't place the test strips in your beverages/liquids," said the TSA's blog.
The incident took place at the Houston airport. The poster said she got out on the next flight. Attempts to contact the person who posted the video were unsuccessful.

Sigh...what a bunch of square badge, wanna be *******s! I dread dealing with these jokers the next time I fly.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I am not disagreeing with your guys assessment of the TSA, it still wasn't very smart to antagonize the TSA when they are doing thier job. I mean the woman knew full well she was getting an attitude with people that could make her life more difficult. Both sides of this deserve some blame, in my book.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While I am not disagreeing with your guys assessment of the TSA, it still wasn't very smart to antagonize the TSA when they are doing thier job. I mean the woman knew full well she was getting an attitude with people that could make her life more difficult. Both sides of this deserve some blame, in my book.

They are not there to like attitude....
Seems more like they behave like little napoleons, first antagonize people then keep them off their planes.
By the time I am reaching the airport I have already had a full day's worth of trouble to deal with and a good leg of the journey behind me. (but I am a bit surprised...here you can't take water past the check points. had to dump quiet a number of bottles there...)

I am so glad I don't fly for a living...When I do it's international. I have not yet seen any of that crap there...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Certainly the TSA should not be acting like douchebags. They should be professional and deal with people who are less than polite in a professional manner. If they can't do that, they need a career change.

How smart is it though to atagonize and get attitude with someone who can make your life more difficult? Sometimes the better part of valor is just to keep your dang mouth closed. Don't want problems, cooperate with them. If they do something that warrant attitude or uncooperativeness, you still must realize if you take those actions, right or wrong, you're probably gonna miss that plane.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Certainly the TSA should not be acting like douchebags. They should be professional and deal with people who are less than polite in a professional manner. If they can't do that, they need a career change.

How smart is it though to atagonize and get attitude with someone who can make your life more difficult? Sometimes the better part of valor is just to keep your dang mouth closed. Don't want problems, cooperate with them. If they do something that warrant attitude or uncooperativeness, you still must realize if you take those actions, right or wrong, you're probably gonna miss that plane.

But you know, PMS is supposedly a valid defense in a murder trial! :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife almost missed a flight because they had to play with her hair. It's rather thick, and they had to run their fingers through it to make sure it wasn't a wig or that she'd concealed an MX in there.

When I pick her up next time I'll be wearing my "The TSA, giving failed mall cops and work release candidates jobs" shirt.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I agree with you and while I agree that TSA is a prime example of why the last resort should be to start a new Federal agency and that most of those people would be working at Macdonalds or greeters at Walmart ( don't start the crap about degrading thier jobs its an employment and education issue) they would not know a turd from knife half the time many abuses and the job lends itself to mental stress as well.

However if your wise and want to reach your destination smile treat them with respect and be kind thank God you did not have every orface of your body probed after getting through. Complain from other locations not at the airport or the plane.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My wife almost missed a flight because they had to play with her hair. It's rather thick, and they had to run their fingers through it to make sure it wasn't a wig or that she'd concealed an MX in there.

When I pick her up next time I'll be wearing my "The TSA, giving failed mall cops and work release candidates jobs" shirt.

I know I watched them pratically strip search a pregnant Eskimo Woman holding a baby in Nome Alaska of all places there is no sense or common sense to thier operation. The poor people who have breast issues after surgery or implants and my personal favorite piercings in unusual places.
We should privatize the enitre system to the Israelie's They have the safetest airlines in the world and do not piss everybody off except the bad guy's who in general they know who to look for and its not grandma or you?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Just curious... Have you ever worn that shirt while boarding a flight? :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we live in landlocked Colorado, our dive addiction requires us to fly. The TSA is consistently a pain.
Sue has had a pair of tweezers confiscated. And an eyelash curler. Seriously? Like she's going to pluck someone to death?

And I have an unbroken record of getting pulled aside for "random" special attention on every flight, yes, EVERY flight in the last 10 years.

Bob... speedos????
I don't know why, but one of the things I've noticed is that European men, no matter how large, seem to think that a speedo is the appropriate thing to wear under their wetsuit.
:barf:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just like the stupidity of them running my coat through the super xray machine, then telling me I have to put it on so they can pat me down. (happened to a gal who went through in bra and panties.)

The TSA are worst than KeyStone Cops, because at least the KSC were funny. 20% are convicted sex offenders. Half never had back ground checks done. Several hundred have been fired and/or arrested for security breaches, as well as theft.

There are legitimate reasons why, like rapists and child molesters, the TSA is not welcome on this site.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of our more entertaining flights took place 2 days after one of my octreoscans. OK, so I was actually emitting gamma rays. Is that any reason for all the fuss?
Try explaining to the TSA guy with a room temperature IQ what an octreoscan is...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bob... speedos????
I don't know why, but one of the things I've noticed is that European men, no matter how large, seem to think that a speedo is the appropriate thing to wear under their wetsuit.
:barf:

be glad they wear something....

But seriously, in Bob's attire that is the major point. :D

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know I watched them pratically strip search a pregnant Eskimo Woman holding a baby in Nome Alaska of all places there is no sense or common sense to thier operation. The poor people who have breast issues after surgery or implants and my personal favorite piercings in unusual places.
We should privatize the enitre system to the Israelie's They have the safetest airlines in the world and do not piss everybody off except the bad guy's who in general they know who to look for and its not grandma or you?

El Al handles a tiny fraction of the air traffic of most of our airports in the US. I was acquainted with the now retired chief of police for the airport police at one of the largest airports in the country and the world. He had tons of good things to say about El Al and the Israelis in general. But they're methods aren't something adaptable to the US air travel system as a whole. They can do it on their flights (and they do...) but not for our air transit system.

(According to statistics I found on the Research and Innovative Technology Administration Bureau of Transportation Statistics website -- there were nearly 10 million passenger flights in the US in 2011. Numbers for this year appear to be consistent.)

Last edited:

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

El Al handles a tiny fraction of the air traffic of most of our airports in the US. I was acquainted with the now retired chief of police for the airport police at one of the largest airports in the country and the world. He had tons of good things to say about El Al and the Israelis in general. But they're methods aren't something adaptable to the US air travel system as a whole. They can do it on their flights (and they do...) but not for our air transit system.

(According to statistics I found on the Research and Innovative Technology Administration Bureau of Transportation Statistics website -- there were nearly 10 million passenger flights in the US in 2011. Numbers for this year appear to be consistent.)

I do understand this but we should be able to do something short of our current huge expense and obviously failed non-profiling policy which is non reality

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You can scale the Israeli system with personnel. What you will have a hard time with is having enough trained personnel. Amd you will never duplicate the Israeli mindset. Remember that everyone working airport security is military trained. And that they know the threat they face is real and is a threat to their very existence. Some of their techniques are very good. They don't just question the people fitting the profile. It is not ubusual for them to pull grandma out of the line, so that hidden observers can analyse the response of the people around her.

The most important part of their model is that security is all encompassing in the airport. Not just at a chokepoint. You are being observed and questioned while waitng to check in, at passport control, and observed after you have entered the sterile zone.

It's great, but would cost a fortune.

Latest Discussions