TSA Screener failure rate near 70%

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"A person briefed on the latest tests tells ABC News the failure rate approaches 70 percent at some major airports. Two weeks ago, TSA's new director said every test gun, bomb part or knife got past screeners at some airports."

Why do we have these clowns again?

Eagle-Eyed TSA Screeners Don't Notice Loaded Handgun In Man's Carry-On

A man in Houston says the TSA screeners didn't blink an eye at the loaded .40 caliber handgun he'd forgotten was tucked away in his computer bag when he made his way through the security checkpoint at Bush Intercontinental Airport.

From another article about this:
"According to one report, undercover TSA agents testing security at a Newark airport terminal on one day in 2006 found that TSA screeners failed to detect concealed bombs and guns 20 out of 22 times. A 2007 government audit leaked to USA Today revealed that undercover agents were successful slipping simulated explosives and bomb parts through Los Angeles's LAX airport in 50 out of 70 attempts, and at Chicago's O'Hare airport agents made 75 attempts and succeeded in getting through undetected 45 times."
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458

So remember, they are fondling as many boobs n balls as they can to make up for missing items in XRAYED BAGGAGE!

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But the good news is that the eagle-eyed agents quickly found and made me check a bag that contained an illicit bottle of massage oil on my last flight (which was actually purchased in a Body Shop past the security checkpoint during an airport transfer en route; unfortunately, our plane was diverted and we had to re-enter security the next morning to get home).

Good thing they caught that! Potentially I could have relieved a lot of passenger and flight crew stress with that weapon!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Holy crap, a government agency has a 30+% success rate?! I hope the other agencies are taking notes.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A person briefed on the latest tests tells ABC News the failure rate approaches 70 percent at some major airports. Two weeks ago, TSA's new director said every test gun, bomb part or knife got past screeners at some airports."

Why do we have these clowns again?

Eagle-Eyed TSA Screeners Don't Notice Loaded Handgun In Man's Carry-On

From another article about this:
"According to one report, undercover TSA agents testing security at a Newark airport terminal on one day in 2006 found that TSA screeners failed to detect concealed bombs and guns 20 out of 22 times. A 2007 government audit leaked to USA Today revealed that undercover agents were successful slipping simulated explosives and bomb parts through Los Angeles's LAX airport in 50 out of 70 attempts, and at Chicago's O'Hare airport agents made 75 attempts and succeeded in getting through undetected 45 times."
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458

So remember, they are fondling as many boobs n balls as they can to make up for missing items in XRAYED BAGGAGE!

LOL, why am I not surprised by this. Of course, on my flight to Vegas, they were eagle eyed enough to notice that my wife and I packed our liquids in 1 big bag, rather than 2 smaller ones. Not sure the reason for that, seeing that both those small bags were put right back into the same carry on. What was funny, was half of the screeners that I encountered, seemed like they could give a crap less about being there. Hmm..why are people, who have that "I really dont wanna be here" look on their face, in charge of screening bags?

As I've said before, Thank God I dont fly often. LOL.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My next flight is likely to be when I go on my next cruise. That'll be a while. My wife and I are planning another Austin run in the spring, we'll be driving the whole way.
I'd rather risk another 37 hr non-stop road trip than the idiots and incompetents at the airport for a 10 hr flight.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't blame you, Bob. With your other half being as lovely as she is, she is bound to need some stringent searching just to make sure she's not carrying anything of danger to the flight (other than elevating the pilots heart-rate perhaps :D).

Oh I'm sorry ... did I just impugn the professionalism of this important arm of security? :angel:.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, it's for their own safety.

She doesn't take well to being touched by lamers, losers and leches.
:D

Latest Discussions