Training in martial arts shoes.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
please give me some suggestions to start martial arts at beginner level.
Hi Tricia! Welcome to MartialTalk.

This really isn't the best thread for questions about starting martial arts - since it's on a different topic, you might not get many people seeing your question.

Why don't you make a post in the Meet & Greet section and introduce yourself. You can ask your question there or make a separate post in the General Martial Arts section. That way people can give you some suggestions relevant to your specific situation.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
please give me some suggestions to start martial arts at beginner level.

That's about as generic as a question can possibly get, so you're going to get a very generic answer...

Find schools in your area.
Visit them. Watch a class or two. Talk to the instructors. Try a class, if possible.
Pick a school.
Train hard.

SamuraiMaster

White Belt
Reaction score
A martial arts seminar i was at, the instructor asked why 1 guy was wearing shoes, and his reply was "comfort". He through the shows across the hall and told him train like everyone else. lol

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A martial arts seminar i was at, the instructor asked why 1 guy was wearing shoes, and his reply was "comfort". He through the shows across the hall and told him train like everyone else. lol
If you're training at a seminar or other situation, you should pretty much match or be on the same page as the others present. Though, of course, that can vary with the style and seminar, too...

Latest Discussions