Want to hear from the Tracy people.

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I want to ask the Tracy people about that system. I have done a little research but not a lot. Does the Tracy system have names to the techs like EPAK? I studied a hybrid system of kenpo that I have come to realize is very different from EPAK. We have 11 techs to the yellow belt. The first being Eagles Beak which I noticed on the Tracy website. The rest were the 10 from EPAK. Could one of you guys explain to me how the Eagles Beak tech is exicuted? Thanks.

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok. If Cluching Feathers is the newer tech, then my Eagles beak is completely different cause I also did Clutching Feathers.

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
It Could be like Lone Beak in TRA-CO. Defense against a choke to front - step in with spear finger to throat (jugular notch) and settle into a palm heel strike to sternum using gravitational marriage. A basic yellow belt technique.

I study EPAK with some TRA-CO techs mixed in.

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Eagle Beak technique I learned was the first yellow belt tech I learned. It is for a right flank, right shoulder grab. You turn from a natural stance to a right forward bow, while grabbing the attackers right hand on your shoulder with your left hand pinning it. You then execute a right punch with the middle knuckle extended (Eagle's Beak) to the nerve just below the arm pit, cross away.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Did you read the links that Mr. Billings posted? The "Beagles Eak" thread has something like 5 variations of what you just mentioned on it.

Most versions go something like:
Pin opponents hand
Step away to lengthen the arm
Right center-knuckle to the base of the triceps
Punch/dart to the armpit to lengthen the arm
Roll the right forearm over their arm and collapse their elbow down
Right handsword to the opponents neck/throat.
Cover out.

Lamont

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Blindside said:
Did you read the links that Mr. Billings posted? The "Beagles Eak" thread has something like 5 variations of what you just mentioned on it.

Most versions go something like:
Pin opponents hand
Step away to lengthen the arm
Right center-knuckle to the base of the triceps
Punch/dart to the armpit to lengthen the arm
Roll the right forearm over their arm and collapse their elbow down
Right handsword to the opponents neck/throat.
Cover out.

Lamont
Yes, I read it, it sounds like a variation of what I learned.

Latest Discussions