TLC Top 10 Martial Arts

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by ace

Now im no Medic or Doctor
So if Bob Sapp is Using steroids i don't know.
But i won't acuse any one of drug use
with out proof.
><><><

Let's see he played in the NFL.............nah........no steroid use there.............all those boys are clean living, wouldn't catch any of them taking performance enhancing drugs.:rolleyes:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I never said the did not but i have know proff so
I don't acuse anyone of anything.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by ace

I never said the did not but i have know proff so
I don't acuse anyone of anything.

If you want proof I guess you will have to follow him around for a while with a paper cup and then give him a "Whiz Quiz" and find out.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I seriously doubt he would admit taking steriods...........since most people that do deny it. In fact the only person I remember ever hearing admitting to it was "Arnie".

Since you are the guy with the doubts and wants the proof........you will have to do your own dirty work.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

As long as the "street effective" question has come up with UFC, PRIDE Gracies and so on..............

Let's look at Royce Gracie........the guy loves to be on his back in a fight and quite often wins from there.

I am wondering how long he would last in a street confrontation doing that same technique. It would seem that if the guy on top had a friend he just might be there kicking the crap out of the guy on his back as well.
Is it such a practical technique for the street........... NO. Has it been used to win in the UFC......YES.

Winning at anything is all about "resolve"............if you want to win and have a good strategy to do so your chances are good that you will, if the other person has more resolve and wants to win and has a better strategy he just might win...........it's true in anything.

Back to the "Top 10"..............

I do agree that the criteria for how they were ranked is suspect.
It would be interesting to know who ranked them and how.

I notice Jukokai/Combat Ki are at number 5.

That is a joke. I have had dealings with the Soke :rolleyes: of Jukkokai and know for a fact he is a fake and has been exposed as such.

You can read all about the lovely folks at Jukokai here:

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/sea...d=129453&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But he does have over 350 realitives
all of which are fighters,

He is usaly with a train of people.
Most grapplers do train with a lot of people.

Now lets say the is on the bottom but pulles out a knife.
Or Vise versa.

However in most of Royce's fight that he was on the botom
was with heavier stronger guy's.

The ones close in weight were usaly taken down&
Mounted.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by ace

and........

Originally posted by ace

What is this supposed to mean?

Originally posted by ace

Or Vise versa.

Again.....What is this supposed to mean?

Sorry Ace but between your spelling mistakes and grammar usage I really find it hard to following some of your posts.

OP
B

bob919

muay thai fighters are probably some of the toughest fighters in the world but this is not only cause of there technique its tere training they have a pain tolerance through the roof and every single move (with the possible exceptiongs of some of the hand techniques) is very powerful

in BJJ the average fighter is weeker because they dont go through all the training unless they want to add some but unlike muay thai they have trowing techniques i believe the average muay thai boer could win against the average BJJ practisioner but if they had equal strength and speed the BJJ practisioner would win

but again it depends on the person cause some people have a real killer instinct and even un trained fighters with this can beat up on most martial artists

as for the best martial arts i would go for the navy seals fighting technique (forgot the name) cause its simple no holds barred it has techniques for all ranges it is truely on e of the best of the fighting techniques

adding jee kune do principles to your fighting can increase your efficiency very quickly and easily

but it is almost impossible really to say which martial art is the best for fighting its easier to look at which martial artist is the bvest

(ramble)(ramble)(ramble)

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan

Back to the "Top 10"..............I notice Jukokai/Combat Ki are at number 5. That is a joke. I have had dealings with the Soke :rolleyes: of Jukkokai and know for a fact he is a fake and has been exposed as such.

You can read all about the lovely folks at Jukokai here:
http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/sea...d=129453&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

My view has always been, if it looks unreal, then allow me to do the kicking and hitting, then I'll believe you. :D Allow me to kick his nuts and chop his throat. If he is still chewing bubble gum leisurely, then I'll bow to him. :D

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace

So they keep the other guys off Royce in street fights?

He does have a cool entrance in those early UFC's allright. I didn't think he just walked around like that in the street though.

So he's experienced in training with people?

Or Vise versa.
Ok. So, then what? Guy with knife wins I imagine.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Marginal

Ok. So, then what? Guy with knife wins I imagine.

Hey that's a good idea.

Maybe they should let participants in the UFC and PRIDE use knives and guns to show us how "REAL" it is. ;)

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Do you live in a grassy area with chain link fences where one on one fights against big guys are common? Learn BJJ!

Are you in an urban environment, constantly up against gangs of smallish unskilled scrotes who threaten to stab you in the back? Learn Ninpo or Ba Gua!

Are you afraid that in twenty years time you will be old and unable to protect yourself, and have a family history of rheumatiod arthritis? Learn Tai Chi!

Do you have a private army which you need to train in hand-to-hand skills in a matter of weeks, and are more interested in keeping up their aggresion levels than teaching them to handle violence proportionally? Teach them Navy Seals training!

Do you live in an area characterised by high levels of gun crime and a weapons permit is easy to obtain? Then learn to shoot!

How long do I have to make this list before people stop saying UFC is tops, etc., etc.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to say that any time you start trying to make a list as to what system or art is better than another you are going to get yourself in toruble. I mean I could say my Camero is faster than your car, but then how do I knwo what kind of work you have done on it? Thats the same thinking when comparing systems. It all depends on the actuall person and their training. The system to a point gives advantages, but anyone can beat anyone on any given night. There are too many variables to consider.

JMO
7sm

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by 7starmantis

.............. but anyone can beat anyone on any given night. There are too many variables to consider.

.........and there in lies the true meaning of training.......... and that is not mastery over everyone else............only mastery over oneself

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by LeeKrol

.......... Can anyone really make a real case for Juko-Kai being more influential than JKD, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? Please do, I would love to hear it.

It would seem a member of Jukokai is/was on the production crew for the show..........I guess that's why.

OP
K

Kirk

All the disagreement of the list order, and what made the list
or didn't ... it was still pretty cool to watch.

OP
J

JDenz

Lol if you think Karate or Kung Fu is better then MT for striking lol I think the fighting records speak for themselves. Besides UFC PRIDE KOTC UCC they are alot closer to street fighting then piont sparring. And the dog Brothers look more then equipped to go in and win any Bar or street fight.

Latest Discussions