TLC Top 10 Martial Arts

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Yiliquan1

I would love to see a BJJ guy try to close the distance with me as I sling stick at his exposed melon... Go ahead, block the stick with your hands! Go ahead, try to grab me as I bash you about the head and shoulders with fire-hardened rattan!

How about this.............since Okinawan Karate also incorporates weapons into it I would love to see one of those guys try to "reach out and touch" me while I use both my razor sharp steel Kama on him and lop off pork shop size chunks from their arms or whatever comes within striking distance. Or I could take my steel Sai and "spit roast" them...............fun, fun, fun.........

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I use wepons too
I can fight on the ground
& hold my own it the stand up.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by ace

& hold my own it the stand up.

Really? I heard it will give you hairy palms...........;)

Attachments

• $loin-king.jpg
    $loin-king.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 188
OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by ace

I f U could not hak it
U got gone.

The styels that remained were
ones that could hack it.

Fighters found out what worked & what didn't
And other than UFC 1 & 9

The shows wear not a mess.

The palotitions made a mess of UFC 9

Lee Krol made some realy good points.
Some people have a hard time faceing
The Facts.
The UFC proved what worked and didn't work in the UFC, not anywhere else.

And anyway, most the people on the UFC are a joke. Not Shamrock, Ortiz, a few Japanese guys, but the people claiming to be shaolin monks or ninjas.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by RyuShiKan

I think the "Bob Sapp" style of MA is #1.......better living through chemistry.

Inject enough roids and you can beat anyone.........
Roids slow you down too much. Any type of supplement or substance that plays around with your endocrine system shouldn't be messed with, especially testosterone, adrenaline, and insulin.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Primo... what can I tell ya man.... you're spouting the same ol crap that every martial artist says at one point in their career. All martial artists have egos and want to believe that what they are doing in particular and how they train is somewhat superior to everyone else. I too believed this, but I matured in the martial arts and am a little wiser now. I've met fools and killers in all walks of life when it comes to martial arts and I've learned that although some styles better prepare a person for certain situations it all comes down to if a person is dedicated/talented enough to use whatever they have to win. I know a couple of TKD guys that are tougher than anyone I've ever met, I've also met a couple of MMA guys that could be beaten by my Grandma (both these cases are the extreme and rare but completely true)... it all has to do with the individual. Beleiving a style or form of training is the easy answer to everything is silly and delusional. It's all about dedication, ability and heart. You can find that rare combo in a few people in all martial arts.

You got to humble yourself and realise that there's more to combat then what you might know. I realise this every single day. Honestly the only reason I'm telling you all this is because your a little younger than me and I'm thinking in 15 to 20 years your going to be a seasoned martial artist that is much wiser and more knowledgeable in ALL forms of martial arts.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD
Agreed

A lot of young people want to learn everything possible. They try taking boxing, wrestling, karate, TKD, muay thai, and BJJ at the same time. All they end up doing is slowing their progress down and just making them more confused and inept.

Most decisions on any uninformed person on the arts are pretty much based on the media.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by JDenz

Lol if you think Karate or Kung Fu is better then MT for striking lol I think the fighting records speak for themselves. Besides UFC PRIDE KOTC UCC they are alot closer to street fighting then piont sparring. And the dog Brothers look more then equipped to go in and win any Bar or street fight.
Seeing you're from Buffalo and you talk like that, I can say your knowledge in the arts IS LOW.

First off, don't use such generic terms if you want to compare or contrast certain arts. But the way you contrast them in the sense that one is better is just stupid, and you even trying to...

There are things called KO fighting. It doesn't end till you give up or are knocked out.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by ace

Wasn't there a Kyokusin fighter
In UFC 7??

They guy Paul Varlenz fought??
Wasn't there a Shaolin monk in one of the episodes? Oh wait, Shaolin monks don't exist like their legendary predecessors. So who must that guy be?

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by JDenz

LOL Defintily it is the fighter that is the whole point. If a guy was strickly Karate or Kung-fu he would lose everytime. The fighters that win start in those disaplines and pick up MT and some form of ground fighting.
:rolleyes:

I diagnose you with the common "UFC" syndrome using MT and some ground fighting for your be and end all system. Please learn how to spell.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by MartialArtist

:rolleyes:

I diagnose you with the common "UFC" syndrome using MT and some ground fighting for your be and end all system. Please learn how to spell.

UFC is hard for me to spell....;)

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There was alot of Gung Fu & Karate
But that went away Quick.

My progress has gone fine

I live in BUFFALO, N.Y.
Yeah i guess being 27 is young.

UFC Made it's poiont i don't need to defend it
If U don't like don't Watch.

If U live in a cloud or under a rock
It's ok with Me.:wavey:
Ill bow out of this war for Now:D

Take Care Bye Bye:D

OP
B

bob919

I agree

UFC is the closest thing we can get to pure fighting and staying legal(ish)
so basically its the best way to compare the martial arts for street effectiveness other than ufc the only way inwhich you can test the effectiveness of martial arts is on the street but it probably isn't the best way cause you'll probably get stabbed

but as said their are problems with UFC such as it is comparing individual fighters rather than the martial arts i think you'll all agree that the UFC fighters are far more aggressive and stronger than most martial artists but then again as are streetfighters

so there is no way you can test a martial art alone but you can test yourself how effective you are in combat but do you really want to go about picking fights with everyone.

The 14th Style

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay, do we have to do this my style is better than your style thing again? What's the point? I mean every few years a new style comes out or an old style is rediscovered and it becomes the flavor of the month. And then everybody says it is the only one that works. In the late 70's I think it was Karate, then in the 80's it was Ninjutsu. In the 90's it was bjj and now it's mixed martial art's. No disrespect intended. Each of these styles and the 900 I didn't mention have many things to offer! Find the one that works for you and go for it! Anything else is not that important.
OK, People have been hitting each other since the dawn of time, if anybody thinks something new has been discovered in the last ten years and that none of the older styles are useful anymore, well they are full of what I like to call bovine scatology.
If you think your art is better than everybody else's (and you know who you are) fine, great, go out and PROVE IT. And don't tell me so and so proved it or it's been proved in the ring. Because that was someone else victory not yours. You go and prove it. Go challenge people from other schools and styles. And I don't mean the new students, go find some of their best and lay it on the line! Then you will see what works and what doesn't. I have a friend and teacher named Phil Romero whom teaches Wing Chun and I have watched him blow people up many times. He knows his art works because he has used it. He has fought live, for money and on the street. He has taken challenges from guys from many different arts, alley fighting,no ring,no rules. Sometimes he lost and sometimes he won. But he learned what worked. And thank God he is now teaching it to me! :D
My point Is this, don't discount someone's art just because it's not what you do. Live and learn. Oh, and by the way my Dad can beat up all your dad's!

:soapbox:
P.S. no this is not directed at any one person
The 14th Style

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
:redeme:
My Dad said Bring it
LoL
:snipe2: :snipe2: :snipe2:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to agree with The 14th Style completely. Not much else to be said, there is nothing new being discovered that makes anything "better than your art". Lets just respect all arts and all MAist and take things on a case by case issue. I know some boxers who could beat many a TKD Black belt, I also know some Kung Fu guys who could beat up on some bjj guys, I also know some mma guys who could beat up on some karate guys, need I go on?

7sm

Latest Discussions