tkd movies

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just watched "The Foot Fist Way" today. It was hilarious but not for children. I was wondering if there are any other movies specifically about TKD?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really enjoyed fist foot way , I got some good laughs out of it. Im pretty sure 'best of the best' is also a tkd movie.

TKDHermit

Green Belt
Reaction score
there are drama serials revolving around tkd too, like rising spirit and wind warrior, but they're in mandarin though, taiwan films. so far havnt seen any with english subtitles.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol, are they any good or fall under the category awesome bad MA movies (of which I have a small collection)?

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Breathing Fire
It stars the kid from the second Indiana Jones movie although he is much older in this. I would rate it as not as bad as some of the other kung fu movies but not too spectacular either. The TKD element is simply a couple of tournament scenes and the fact that the main good guys use TKD instead of any other martial art.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd say "Spin Kick" & Best of the Best" are my top two that have mostly or all TKD in them.

spinny

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Best of the Best"

But only the first one is entertaining in a cheesy 80s movie kind of way. Just don't waste your time with the 3 sequels.

OP
X

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoyed fist foot way , I got some good laughs out of it. Im pretty sure 'best of the best' is also a tkd movie.

"Best of the Best"

But only the first one is entertaining in a cheesy 80s movie kind of way. Just don't waste your time with the 3 sequels.

3 sequals!? I got some movie watchin to do!

rip_dorey

White Belt
Reaction score
In "drunken master" there is awesome taekwondo master playing bad character. Altough I forgot his name. He even made a tkd instructional in the past.

spinny

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I watched some old kung fu movies while I was snowed in yesterday...
Invincible Armor (1977), although a kung fu movie, has some BA kicking by the main character (John Liu). I wondered why his kicks looked so taekwondo-ish, did a little research and found out that his teacher (Tao-liang Tan) was a taekwondo champion in Korea.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Best of the best is the only one that I have seen that was specifically taekwondo other than the aforementioned foot-fist-way, which I did not like at all.

Daniel

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
TKD movies i'd recommend (already listed before:mst:)

1. Spinkick
2. When Teakwondo Strikes (Joon Rhee, old school movie)
3. Best of the Best 1 (for that 1980's style)
3. Snake in the Eagle Shadow (not TKD, but the bad guy is a TKD Master Hwang Jang Lee. Hmm, let's not call his style Eagle Claw which would be too easy - let's call it modern Hwa Rang Do..hehe %-})
4. ...any modern Korean gangster movie will have some TKD kicking in there somewhere

Has anyone seen the film Hapkido?