This Is The Best Self Defense System On The Planet

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how much does "slightly dead" differ from "mostly dead?" :D

Unlike being slightly pregnant a couple of months and mostly pregnant 9 months, where either one can be cured with time and the birth of a child.

Slightly dead or mostly dead does not have a real cure as far as I know. :D

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, if he's completely dead there's only one thing left to do: go thru his pockets and look for loose change...

You must be from my state!

True story: One of the best public officials I've ever known - not the usual egomaniacal hack with delusions of adequacy, but instead a good decent and intelligent gentleman - suffered a major cardiac event and fell to the sidewalk. Passerby immediately rushed to his side.... and rolled him for every item of value. He died there and was a John Doe in the morgue for some time until identified by chance.

Nice snapshot of how thin our veneer of civilization is.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep it worked...I was hoping the "mostly dead" phrase would trigger some Princess Bride references :D

tellner said:
Slightly dead you need light embalming. Really, REALLY dead you need a sponge and a plastic baggie
heh...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how much does "slightly dead" differ from "mostly dead?" :D

I beleive slightly dead is a cpma for the rest of your life where as dead is you under six veet of dirt
icon10.gif

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the clip goes, I think that he brings up some good points. However, this really isn't anything 'new' per se, as a) many arts already incorporate the things he mentioned and b) even if an art didn't have those concepts as part of the regular material, many people who are RBSD oriented, add them in.

Overall I thought the clip was pretty good. There are a few clips of David James on youtube that are pretty interesting. :)

Mike

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, That was a "great video clip"...thank-you for sharing this here!

His stuff make alot sense.....we all must learn to keep things simple and easy to remember.

In a stressful situtions...the mind is racing....heart is pounding more...?

Can we react correctly? and in a relax body manner? How many things will we need to remember? ...1 thru 10...?

:answer....All ...but we will need a few of them to react?

Aloha , one...two....eight....five....twelve?

OP
E

Ewelincia

White Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to thank you guys for the warm welcome and for your feedback.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Ewelincia....we will give you a TEN! only nine more to go...

No matter the system....it is the individual who makes it work!

You can learn running from the BEST!...if you can't catch them? ....than what you learn...is only helpful? ...the rest is individual effort!

Aloha ( this month is the last month picking pineapples in Hawaii has ended) .....NO MO! ..rest will be imported! (cost is cheaper to import)

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it might not be the "Best" whatever that is, but it looks like a good place to train for sure.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
David James has been around for some time. Personally I like the way he goes about teaching his discipline, even though his discipline is nothing new, just his teaching concepts. I really appriciate his statement "We don't teach you how to fight, we teach you self defense" - "A person may know how to fight, but knows nothing about self defense".........

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with you guys as a hello to the group, it is something everyone should see. You think you are a tough guy or a macho, well you can go down easily in a fight unless you know these simple moves. It is perfect for everyone, male or female.

Prof. David James of the Vee Arnis Jitsu system of self defense explains the 10 Commandments of Self Defense. VeeArnisJitsu.com

Last edited by a moderator:

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think its the system but the man and his judgment and how hard he trains. So, have fun, but there are a lot of people out there from different systems that are just as good or better in an altercation, or better yet avoiding the need for it.