There are words I would use to describe this, but, they would get me banned

Wow. Very poor taste. I agree with one person's comments on the video. It's confusing. What is the message? I mean, I get the 'We are UNICEF, we go where Santa doesn't." Fair enough. And to get that message across, you had to show a Santa with a bad attitude and a faux Bronx accent using strange non-native American English phrasing (who wrote this, a Swede?) dissing Santa/Christianity and oh, by the way, something about people sending drugs through the mail as gifts and postcards of those drugs to kids in Africa. What? Do not understand.

As a child, I remember going door-to-door with a cardboard donation can, saying 'Trick or Treat for UNICEF." Well, if UNICEF has morphed into a Santa/Christianity-hating uglybox, they can kiss my pucker as well. I give to the Red Cross and Salvation Army. Bye-bye, UNICEF.

Well, I get the message. The West is busy buying toys for its children while children across the Third World need real gifts. Santa is a figment of the West's imagination and reflective of its values. Therefore Santa isn't about it slum it with some brown people. I could see this message as a Jon Stewart spoof that edges close to the truth in some respects, but as a serious message intended to get people to donate? Give me a break. Stick with poor starving children and sad music. Have Santa make a delivery of medicine and then thank those that donated to Unicef because of their unique partnership with his Elves.

That was odd, even for somebody as cynical and with an off the wall humor like me.....

I watch commercials and think about wether or not I would approve them if I was the guy being pitched the commercial. I usually say no about any commercial that puts another companies product in a prominent place, while comparing it to the actual product in the commercial, and I would say no to any commercial that puts the people using the product in a bad light. If I was in charge, I would have said no to this commercial. It is dumb.

By the way, I like the mayhem commercials a lot.I really like the lawnmower commercial and the blind spot mayhem commercials.

Well, I get the message. The West is busy buying toys for its children while children across the Third World need real gifts. Santa is a figment of the West's imagination and reflective of its values. Therefore Santa isn't about it slum it with some brown people. I could see this message as a Jon Stewart spoof that edges close to the truth in some respects, but as a serious message intended to get people to donate? Give me a break. Stick with poor starving children and sad music. Have Santa make a delivery of medicine and then thank those that donated to Unicef because of their unique partnership with his Elves.

Agreed. I think that you should write the commercials for Unicef. :asian:

Back