The 'vette

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to drive a corvette the other day...

OMG!!! What an awesome car!

Now, I've never really been a car nut, so driving has always just been something you do to get you to the office/station/wherever.

When I got behind the wheel of that sexy beast, I do believe my life changed.
I usually drive like an little old lady, slow and cautious. I must say that while driving that 'vette 90mph felt like 60mph :uhyeah: . Once I realized that I had been driving for 45mins or so, it dawned on me that I should probably take it back :lol:

I'VE GOT TO GET ONE OF THOSE CARS!!!!!!
:partyon:

Was this a new model?

What were the specs for the Engine? 400 hp or the new 505 hp engine?

6 Speed Manual Transmission, or 4 speed automatic, or maybe the new 6-speed automatic (* not sure when this comes out, it should be now, or this April for the '07 vehicles. *)

I got to ride home in one yesterday, and I two must get one of those cars. Keyless everything, full nav system, leather. And it was an xmas gift! I'm guessing Santa got her house and mine mixed up.

Theban_Legion said:
OMG!!! What an awesome car!

Yes indeed..Drove a 63 Split window coupe for about a week..NEVER got over it..
Awesome is the correct word..

Drac said:
[/color][/font]

Yes indeed..Drove a 63 Split window coupe for about a week..NEVER got over it..
Awesome is the correct word..

A '63 ???? ...(sniff.. wiping a tear)....the absolute best year ever......

Rich Parsons said:
Was this a new model?

What were the specs for the Engine? 400 hp or the new 505 hp engine?

6 Speed Manual Transmission, or 4 speed automatic, or maybe the new 6-speed automatic (* not sure when this comes out, it should be now, or this April for the '07 vehicles. *)
It wasn't the new model. It was the 4 speed automatic. I'm not sure what the engine was...didn't ask! *bangs head against wall*

Man, that car handled good. While I was driving, I was thinking about that line from Pretty Woman, "...it corners like it's on rails!" It sure as heck did!!

oldnewbie said:

Amen....

oldnewbie said:

sigh...pass me a cleanex. Ya went and got me started now...sniff

Even in their "dog" years, 'vettes were pretty fast and a whole lotta fun to drive. The 400 hp engine is fast enough for any mere mortal, but the ZO6 is off the charts. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds? jeesh. I lived to eat 'vettes until they came out with that thing! Now even I look for a place to hide when one rolls around. I know they're a bunch o' money, but you're not gonna find anything in their performance class for less than a few ten thousands more.

Ya only go around once. Do it, man. Do it. :)

Latest Discussions

Back