The Obligatory Annual New Years Resolution thread

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't really do NYR, but these are goals I want to work towards.

Discipline myself to complete a full P90X cycle.
Less facebook time and more on other hobbies--get back into drawing, etc.
Save money to try to get a house.
Work on being a better person than last year/more considerate of others.
Get in the habit of keeping the apartment cleaner.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stop drinking Soda and Sweet Tea.
Find and start training in a MA
And most important stop working so hard and spend more time with my kids they are growing so fast and with my job I miss so much.

The one thing I hate about new years is the gym will now be packed for the next 2 months with all these people that want to get in shape. They will hog the weights and be in the way. At least by early March most will have given up and stopped coming.

I gave up soda myself as a New Years Resolution a few years ago. :) Sweet tea...I have kinfolk in North Carolina, I wager that's a tough one to give up if you're in the south, but I bet you'll do it. ;) All the best to your goals!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As for me...I don't know if I still have a job. It was announced today that we've been bought, and my boss couldn't even give me an answer yet as to whether I was safe or not. I do know that two people from my group have already been hit.

So...if I still have a job, my NYR will be to keep it and integrate with my new employer as effectively as I can, and manage the changes as best as I can.

If I don't have a job...then yikes....

Otherwise, my resolutions are to be more active...be it martial arts, hiking, or anything else...spend more time with friends and family, and improve my photography as much as I can. :)

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I gave up soda myself as a New Years Resolution a few years ago. :) Sweet tea...I have kinfolk in North Carolina, I wager that's a tough one to give up if you're in the south, but I bet you'll do it. ;) All the best to your goals!

You don't necessarily have to give it up. My favorite has always been sweet tea brewed with a few sprigs of mint. I'm not usually a stevia fan, but sweet tea with stevia is divine. It really makes the mint sing too.

Carol, good luck with the job thing. I've been hunting for about three months now. It's discouraging, but I just give it my best. It helps to have several friends and family members cheering me on. :ultracool

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To keep training.

That's it. With all the uncertainties in life, to get up and train every day.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The New Year's Resolutions to me are more like a time to reset your goals and make decisions that will aid you in the coming year(s).

I have several this year:
- To remain injury-free
- To lose 30 lbs (down 3 so far from Jan 1st - those ones were easy, now comes the harder part)
- To set aside time to exercise at least 5x per week (including MA training, of course)
- To significantly reduce diet coke intake
- To reduce debt

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
I actually wrote down my list of goals for this year. I figured having them stare me in the face all year long might guilt me into staying on track.

- Get in shape
- Train more and harder
- Reduce debt
- Get more sleep
- Go on a road trip
- Do some volunteer work

It's an odd year this time round so it should be a good one for me. Even years just plain suck for me.

Latest Discussions