New Years Resolutions

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With Christmas almost upon us its not to early to start think about the coming of the New Year..

Did you make any resolutions last year??

Did you keep any or all??

What about this year, anything special??

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I made it another year so its a good year! :0)

Looking to make a slight career change this year and take out more time for myself and family!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of what I have in mind...not sure if they can be called a New Years resolution, or just New Year's planning.

I've set a few professional goals for myself that I hope to achieve. The challenge will be to achieve them while not being totally obsessed with work. Between the focus I've had on my career and the weird hours that I work, I haven't had the chance to spend as much time with friends and family that I like...and I hope to change that this year.

I hope to take a big step forward in to homeownership and have been scouting around for some properties in the area. I'm excited about that...at the same time, it's a huge, huge project. If I do, I will likely end up in an area 40-50 miles from where I'm living now, which will be a big deal. Making new friends, getting acclimated to a new neighborhood...its going be a huge change. Not a change that I can make being a hermit, that's for sure! :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My goals aresimple more time for the family, More time for myself Yea like that is going to happen. The thing I need is to loose the weight I'm trying but the journey is killing me, you know Oreo's and BBQ chips and cokes. This year no oreo and cokes, I'm stuck with the BBQ chipss.

I'm hoping to gett to more seminars with some of the people from MT.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I make resolutions periodically, not for New Year's - usually when I see a need to change something in my life, which can happen any time. More time spent in practice, some cross-training - both as part of a larger goal to improve my general fitness.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't make any last year so I didn't break any...This year I've promised myself to start working out MORE than I normally do..

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been too stressed this year, so I think my resolution will be not to bring the office home with me.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been too stressed this year, so I think my resolution will be not to bring the office home with me.

Yeah. that a good one..I try to keep the daily crap I endure at the department away from home too....

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now, see, several years ago I made a resolution not to make any more resolutions and I'm proud to say that I've kept that one ever since.

I was going to do that this year, but then I realized that by making a resolution not to make resolutions, I've already broken my resolution :erg:

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was going to do that this year, but then I realized that by making a resolution not to make resolutions, I've already broken my resolution :erg:

And people say I need help....LOL:rofl:

Latest Discussions