Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does the class have a helicopter? :)

Only in our dreams. :)

We go to the injured party on foot, gear and all. On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend a 230 lb hiker injured their ankle near the summit, and a crew from the mountain as well as Fish and Game assembled to carry the hiker down in a litter. It takes a lot of people to carry someone down that rock, believe me and it takes more than a lot when they are on the large side. I wanted so badly to help (in fact...I think that's gonna be a topic I'll start...) but I just didn't have it in me physically. I had already made three trips out to a bridge construction site with a pack frame full of materials. Not enough go-go left for a trip all the way up the mountain and down. :(

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
2 hrs into my first midnight shift in years and I'm already tired lol. Going to be a long 12 hrs

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know how Ballen feels :D. Working days seem eternal right now - struggling a bit to get through them without just getting up from my desk and going home for good I do confess.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know how Ballen feels :D. Working days seem eternal right now - struggling a bit to get through them without just getting up from my desk and going home for good I do confess.
I do admit that at times I too feel the same way. But, every payday I look in the mirror and thank myself for the wise decision. :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I do believe I detect the presence of just the tiniest smidgen of sarcasm there :D.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got an award at work. Something about giving good phone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions