The Last Person Thread - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good morning Seasoned and yes a little but I have classes today at 10:30 am. I ma sure it will be hurting after that.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terry, what are you doing for that back?

And what is happening with the site? I guess I have been away for to long.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's 10,000 registered members here.
Not counting game threads is going to effect 5 maybe 6 people.
Nothing changes, except you don't get credit for post whoring, which is pretty much something most sites frown upon. If that's the end of the road for some people, I'm sorry. I put the matter up for 3 votes, all 3 said "stop counting games".
But if the people who really want them counted want to pony up the money, I'll let you do whatever you want.
Feel free to buy this site off me, bidding starts at $100,000, cash.

I asked "point out the vital content from the 1st LP thread" so it could be saved.
Nada.
I get dozens of complaints about site performance issues, so I locked the LP thread, and launched a new one, and I got grief over that.

Give me 10 LifeTime supporters and at least 20 year subscriptions to the Gold Key Club by New Years, I'll get the server upgraded so performance isn't an issue, nor storage space, and you can have your post counts count everything.

I'd prefer it if you'd just buy the site off me though. I think after all the arguments and ungratefulness, it's time for ME to leave.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, what are you doing for that back?

And what is happening with the site? I guess I have been away for to long.

I am icing and heating like some have suggested and trying to take it easy until I see the doctor next week. The site is going going though some changes and some area's will not count towards post counts which is fine. We each have our own little ways about things and Bob is the site general. Bob is doing what is best for the site to run at a high level.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's 10,000 registered members here.
Not counting game threads is going to effect 5 maybe 6 people.
Nothing changes, except you don't get credit for post whoring, which is pretty much something most sites frown upon. If that's the end of the road for some people, I'm sorry. I put the matter up for 3 votes, all 3 said "stop counting games".
But if the people who really want them counted want to pony up the money, I'll let you do whatever you want.
Feel free to buy this site off me, bidding starts at $100,000, cash.

I asked "point out the vital content from the 1st LP thread" so it could be saved.
Nada.
I get dozens of complaints about site performance issues, so I locked the LP thread, and launched a new one, and I got grief over that.

Give me 10 LifeTime supporters and at least 20 year subscriptions to the Gold Key Club by New Years, I'll get the server upgraded so performance isn't an issue, nor storage space, and you can have your post counts count everything.

I'd prefer it if you'd just buy the site off me though. I think after all the arguments and ungratefulness, it's time for ME to leave.

Bob you must do what is best for your business and for the site to run well. I do not believe anybody is surprise or shocked by it. I will like I said earlier post the same way I have been doing for the last four years and go about my business. I hope you understand some people way of getting it out of there system without getting mad at anybody. This site is alot more than post count for alot of us, even though we may act differently. :asian:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob you must do what is best for your business and for the site to run well. I do not believe anybody is surprise or shocked by it. I will like I said earlier post the same way I have been doing for the last four years and go about my business. I hope you understand some people way of getting it out of there system without getting mad at anybody. This site is alot more than post count for alot of us, even though we may act differently. :asian:
To be honest Terry, I'm getting rather tired of it all. This site takes $6,000 or so a year to run, and a couple hours a day, every day, out of my schedule. The amount of headaches I get tend to out weigh the good feelings. In the last 2 years I've been hit with anger over post counts, rep, staff actions, threatened at least a dozen times with lawsuits over things out side my control, "ordered" to do things more times than I can remember, taken more insults than I want to think about, lost sleep, gotten majorly stressed out, lost a few friendships over...... I'm flat out, tired. I bust my *** for this site, a site that's mostly open and free to anyone, and somedays I think the only thing that's good is that whoever has stock in generic headache pills made some extra money that day.

We set up the chat areas to declutter the art sections. I got grief.
I set up the Study/Locker Room/B&G, I got grief.
I set up a special area for the games, I got grief.
I set up a special area for the political stuff, I got grief.
I put in the Arcade, I got grief.
I post a fricken Youtube video, I get grief.
Hell, most sites don't let you even have game threads, political discussion, etc.

One one hand, it's great that you folks are that attached to the site, but the constant grief, makes me wish I could just sell out, and walk away. I turned down an offer of $40,000 for MT last year, because they would have changed the site and screwed you all, and I felt obligated to not do that.

But costs are going up, and it takes paid memberships, paid sponsorships, and paid hosting clients to keep MT running. I can't afford to drop 6 grand for ***** n giggles. If the sponsorships dry up, if the paid memberships fade away, when clients don't pay me, so goes MT. That's the point where I sell out, and the new owners won't ask what do you want. They'll just do it, and accept 10% loses as par for the course.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In fact, I just checked, I expire on New Year's Eve ... might not see much of me around after that.

That'd be a shame, but we all have to do what we have to do. For me, when I come to a m.a. site I want to see m.a. content. I enjoy chatting here but I am not sure it adds more than it subtracts. I know I spend a certain amount of time posting in game-threads, bouncing back and forth between here and the NPG and such, and feel I'd be more likely to maek a substantive post if I wasn't thread-hopping like this. Well, I do what I want when all is said and done...but fewer posts here could mean more meat elsewheer and that on balance works for me!

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To be honest Terry, I'm getting rather tired of it all. This site takes $6,000 or so a year to run, and a couple hours a day, every day, out of my schedule. The amount of headaches I get tend to out weigh the good feelings. In the last 2 years I've been hit with anger over post counts, rep, staff actions, threatened at least a dozen times with lawsuits over things out side my control, "ordered" to do things more times than I can remember, taken more insults than I want to think about, lost sleep, gotten majorly stressed out, lost a few friendships over...... I'm flat out, tired. I bust my *** for this site, a site that's mostly open and free to anyone, and somedays I think the only thing that's good is that whoever has stock in generic headache pills made some extra money that day.

We set up the chat areas to declutter the art sections. I got grief.
I set up the Study/Locker Room/B&G, I got grief.
I set up a special area for the games, I got grief.
I set up a special area for the political stuff, I got grief.
I put in the Arcade, I got grief.
I post a fricken Youtube video, I get grief.
Hell, most sites don't let you even have game threads, political discussion, etc.

One one hand, it's great that you folks are that attached to the site, but the constant grief, makes me wish I could just sell out, and walk away. I turned down an offer of $40,000 for MT last year, because they would have changed the site and screwed you all, and I felt obligated to not do that.

But costs are going up, and it takes paid memberships, paid sponsorships, and paid hosting clients to keep MT running. I can't afford to drop 6 grand for ***** n giggles. If the sponsorships dry up, if the paid memberships fade away, when clients don't pay me, so goes MT. That's the point where I sell out, and the new owners won't ask what do you want. They'll just do it, and accept 10% loses as par for the course.

Bob I completely understand and I hope you can find some peace somewhere
icon10.gif
, we may have not seen eye to eye all the time but I do appreciate all that you have done over the time I have been here. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, the irony of a serious discussion about the lack of serious discussions here in the LPT happening here in the LPT!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, the irony of a serious discussion about the lack of serious discussions here in the LPT happening here in the LPT!
I bare my buttocks at your insinuation Sar! Now you repent, lest I remove my belt, and by thunder! my trousers will fall down!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions