The importance of the holder in board breaking

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But you also need the one breaking TO BE ACCURATE! I've seen one man get a broken finger holding a board and getting kicked in the finger. I've seen several, including myself, get bruises when the kicker missed the middle of the board (heck, some missed the boards on jumpkicks and kicked ME!

Deaf

Yeah, I took all the skin off my instructor's knuckles the first time I tried to break with a kick. Embarrassing.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of a completed holder?

I tried to put photos in this reply. When I click the photo icon at the top of the reply box I just get a noise "Boop" . If you tell me how to post the phot I will. Otherwise, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send photos.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I tried to put photos in this reply. When I click the photo icon at the top of the reply box I just get a noise "Boop" . If you tell me how to post the phot I will. Otherwise, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send photos.

Try hosting them on Photobucket or webshots and link them. Then you can use the insert image function.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
th_Boardholder1.jpg
th_Boardholder2.jpg

No Boards to show detail and 7 Boards to show how they are held.
You can remove the rods and stand it on the floor for downward breaks.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pictures and the instructions Earl! I am thinking of having my prosaically-challenged black belt candidates build a board holder rather than write a paper.....hmmmmm......

Latest Discussions