Single punch board break

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you.
Was my technique incorrect? Should I not have used my forward momentum to assist with the break?
Any advice you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks again!

I think your technique was fine given the number of boards and the fact that you had overcome the reaction force of the boards with momentum.

My point was that as you do more difficult breaks, you will want to have that rear leg to rooted to offset the reaction force of whatever you are breaking.

Keep training! Breaking is a fun part of TKD!

OP

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think your technique was fine given the number of boards and the fact that you had overcome the reaction force of the boards with momentum.

My point was that as you do more difficult breaks, you will want to have that rear leg to rooted to offset the reaction force of whatever you are breaking.

Keep training! Breaking is a fun part of TKD!

Thanks for the great explanation. I hadn't thought about the boards reacting back, but it makes good sense now.

I agree, breaking is one of my favourite parts of TKD, what a great display, and so much fun to watch.

Thanks again.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That is an awesome explanation. Thanks for taking the time to spell that out so clearly. Much appreciated.

I wish I could take credit for that, but I was paraphrasing what Marc MacYoung wrote in one of his books. He has a great knack for making a difficult concept very easy to understand. I`d highly reccomend his stuff to anyone.

Latest Discussions