The founder of your Art, or a current big name?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to train with the founder of your Art (assuming time travel was possible in many cases), or a current big name instructor in your Art, who would you choose & why? Don't forget to mention what Art it is in which you train.
I am fortunate enought to train with the founder of my organization in kendo and hapkido, but not the founder of kendo. Taekwondo doesn't have a singular founder, though General Choi is often credited. But seeing as how he is dead, the only travel option is time travel, but I'm waiting on the invention of the necessary mode of transportation.

I cross train at a Jinenkan Taijutsu school, so I'd say that if I could train with anyone that I don't currently train with, Manaka Sensei would top my list, as he's still alive and I have heard wonderful things about him.

Although I don't practice Kenpo or Combat Hapkido, I'd love to train with Chuck Sullivan and GM. Pelligrini. In addition to training bennies, I have a couple of magazines I'd love for them to sign.:D

Daniel

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to add Larry Tatum, Doc Chapel, and John Bishop to my list of those I want to train with.

Having just returned to the Kenpo arts, I am leaning towards those that are in those styles.

Hey Searcher, if you ever make it to SoCal let me know, Prof Bishops school is a stones throw from our school. I'll go down there with you!!

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
a closed door student of Yip Man,GGM leung Ting,Dr.Leung Jan,Dr.John Painter,Masaaki Hatsumi,Mas Oyama,Michael Echanis,Steven Hayes,Kwon Jae Hwa,In Hyuk Suh,Bong Soo Han,Vince Lacey,Jet Li..........

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
In my lineage I would definitely have to go with ,

Fan Chi Sau

Sun Lu Tang