the Best of the Best?

OP
M

Master of Blades

Didnt understand a word you just said but lets just leave at the fact that your happy and I'm happy. :D

Now lets get this thread on track :asian:

OP
L

lonekimono

just having fun blades, try to stay with me:p

ok now it's your turn:confused:

yours in kenpo

OP
K

Kope

Is there anyone who can be considered the Best Martial Artist of all time? Is there somone alive now who is considered to be the best living?

Considering that none of us have seen any of the great martial artists that preceeded us all by centuries, it's a rather foolish question.

The fact that many of the answers given here focus on people who are as celebrated for their media presence as for anything else goes a long way to demonstrating how narrowly we understand our own heritage.

I would guess that the greatest living martial artist is probably some dedicated student of someone like TT Liang who is too busy being good at what they do, and hopefully passing it on to others, to worry with celebrity and being on the cover of the latest MA rag.

I would guess that the greatest martial artist of all time was probably some monk no one has ever heard of practicing in some out of the way temple who had enough humility to recognize that he still had more to learn.

All that are guesses. What I know is that no one mentioned in this thread is the proper answer.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Kope

I would guess that the greatest martial artist of all time was probably some monk no one has ever heard of practicing in some out of the way temple who had enough humility to recognize that he still had more to learn.

Was? Or IS? ;)

Originally posted by Kope

All that are guesses. What I know is that no one mentioned in this thread is the proper answer.

Actually you DONT know.....As you said we will never be able to tell so it very well might be Bruce Lee......Or as you said some Hidden Monk who is too busy giving to take anything. But as with Love, it is all within the Eye of the Beholder :asian:

Latest Discussions