the Best of the Best?

OP
M

MartialArtist

I do like Rickson, although I would not consider him the best. Rickson is very skilled, and very talented, and he's more open to new ideas. He isn't arrogant about his style on how his style is better than this and that unlike Royce.

OP
S

silencethehero

Originally posted by akja
Yo, silencethehero, when you want to quote someone just click the quote button on the bottom right corner, its right above the reply button. It first that I thought that was your quote but as I was reading it it sounded like I already read it before.:D

BJJ evolved the way it did because the way it was "tested" and modified to meet the needs.

But if you want a practice some good grappling, blend Traditional Jujutsu with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. You'll see things from a new light.:asian:

Thank you for the tip.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

So--y'all equate being the best martial artist with being the best fighter? Interesting.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Ronin
You guys must never have heard the story when Mr> Parker allowed Bruce Lee to stay with him and how they exchanged ideas. Bruce after some time became arrogant and argued with Mr Parker who told him to leave. Bruce challenged Mr. Parker in front of his house. One thing you guys need to know is that Mr. Parker was a deadly street fighter and since there are no rules in street fighting.......guess what happened? Bruce came at him and Mr. Parker locked him up and dropped him on his head. You see the longer you train you realize Mr. Parker also added jujitsu to the kenpo arsenal. This story was told to us at the Conatser seminar last year in Scottsdale by the only witness to the fight.

I've only just really started reading this thread and that story is pretty annoying. BECAUSE Bruce Lee is considered by many to be the BEST all that is saying to me is "Yeah Bruce Lee got rude, But our founder, He whupped his *** so he must be the best!".

Not a very good story for the point your making :asian:

Says the man with the Pink Belt :shrug:

OP
L

lonekimono

is there anyone out here who was alive when dante was around ?i know i was, anyway the man is dead because of the dojo wars back then.

yours in kenpo:asian:

OP
K

Kroy

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I've only just really started reading this thread and that story is pretty annoying. BECAUSE Bruce Lee is considered by many to be the BEST all that is saying to me is "Yeah Bruce Lee got rude, But our founder, He whupped his *** so he must be the best!".

Not a very good story for the point your making :asian:

Says the man with the Pink Belt :shrug:

So how does one obtain a PINK belt?

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Kroy
So how does one obtain a PINK belt?
You have to spam your way to 2000+ posts and prove yourself in the art of spam, then I might award you one young grasshopper.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by MartialArtist
You have to spam your way to 2000+ posts and prove yourself in the art of spam, then I might award you one young grasshopper.

I hope for your sake your not implying I spam :shrug:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Implying????
Hell No, he just came right out and said it! Damn you're slow today....

--Dave

:rofl: :rofl:

OP
M

MartialArtist

I'm the master here, and I'm not awarding you a pink belt because you dared to practice in another art and not solely my art. My art is ultimate, so I don't know what you were thinking but you were expelled from my school long ago. Don't give any secrets or I'll have to kill you. For my sake? Please, you couldn't even defeat my super secret ninjas nonetheless take on the ultimate one... Me.

OP
T

The Psycho Guy

Well, I have no idea, but here's my Top Ten of all time.

1. Masaaki Hatsumi
2. Miyamoto Musashi
3. Yang Lu-Chan
4. Alexander the Great
5. Ed Parker
6. Wong Fei Hung
7. Hattori Hanzo
8. Masutatsu Oyama
9. Gichin Funakoshi
10. Jigoro Kano

Those are the best that I can think of off the top of my head. Bruce wasn't on there because I don't hold him up that high. I'm sure he was great, but he was no master (in my opinion). And that attitude:shrug: ! Anyway, that's my input for now.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by MartialArtist
I'm the master here, and I'm not awarding you a pink belt because you dared to practice in another art and not solely my art. My art is ultimate, so I don't know what you were thinking but you were expelled from my school long ago. Don't give any secrets or I'll have to kill you. For my sake? Please, you couldn't even defeat my super secret ninjas nonetheless take on the ultimate one... Me.

Well.......when you put it like that :asian:

OP
R

roryneil

This is not a popular opinion but I don't see the evidence of Bruce Lee being a great fighter other than people just saying it is so. Looks good on films but so can Jean Claude.
Another person who should be mentioned is Chuck Norris. Not flashy but he always won.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by roryneil
This is not a popular opinion but I don't see the evidence of Bruce Lee being a great fighter other than people just saying it is so. Looks good on films but so can Jean Claude.
Another person who should be mentioned is Chuck Norris. Not flashy but he always won.

Watch some tournys :asian:

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
I think you might need to break it down into categories. Best in the ring. Best in forms. Best in 'street fighting'. Best in techniques etc

I personally like the way Bruce Lee was heading in regards to not teaching specific techniques but what worked for the user. I liked the direction he was going.

I DO NOT like the way they butchered 'Game of Death'.

This should be an interesting thread. :)

I don't know if anyone has said this or not as i'm couldn't be bothered reading 52 posts. At the time of Bruce Lees death he was moving more towards being a movie star and less in the martial arts so it is very hard to say whether his art would have gone to massive heights with him around or if he would have just left the name to someone like Dan Inosanto to develop. Who know's
Cheers
Sammy

Cheers
Sammy

OP
L

lonekimono

BULLSH#@ MR HANDMAN, DON'T WAST YOURSELF,

ARE YOU ALONG?(whatever he says)
what style are you? you can say that my style is the art of fighting without fighting, show me,

boy when i here of Lee,, anyway got to go batman is coming on tv land.

yours in kenpo

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by lonekimono
BULLSH#@ MR HANDMAN, DON'T WAST YOURSELF,

ARE YOU ALONG?(whatever he says)
what style are you? you can say that my style is the art of fighting without fighting, show me,

boy when i here of Lee,, anyway got to go batman is coming on tv land.

yours in kenpo

After long and careful consideration......I have come to the conclusion that you are CRAZY!!!!! :erg:

OP
L

lonekimono

OK but look joe,you and i have alot in common,i love to eat and you love to cook:D
about the crazt part? well it's only on sundays:confused:

yours in kenpo

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by lonekimono
OK but look joe,you and i have alot in common,i love to eat and you love to cook:D
about the crazt part? well it's only on sundays:confused:

yours in kenpo

Well someones been looking in my profile :p And its all the Chocolate :D

OP
L

lonekimono

could you just see if we all were in the same dojo\dojang\kwoon\
should i keep going? :eek: anyway we all would have alot fun.
you would hit me,i would lose it AND THAN I WOULD GO CRAZY:eek: :eek: :eek: but i don't train on sundays, only if i get paid lol

yours in kenpo:asian:

Latest Discussions