Thank God for anonymity...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, however there's a few details I'm a little unsure about. Like I said, it's been sometime since we've kept in touch- and it was a long-distance communication- and in that time she's changed her # and email address.

Plus in the time we've been out of touch, her career's taken off somewhat, and met quite a few people, which leaves a slight chance she might've forgotten about me. So in a sense, it's almost like starting from scratch at half the strength. Am I making sense on that one?
That's why you start it as reconnecting with an old friend -- and leave the romance for later, if at all.

Worst case there, you've got an old friend whom you've learned doesn't have the same fond memories you do. Not so bad case? You renew the friendship and can celebrate her triumphs with her. Best case, way down the road? You both share the triumphs.

Msby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If you have friends that know her, add these friends and look on THEIR friend lists. She may be on there. Also, if you add these friends, facebook will "suggest" friends via their "People You May Know" feature. Good Luck!

By the way, dunno if you wanna take advice from a guy still in high school, but "You're thinking too much!" :) Just don't rush, that's all.

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I guess I should mention here that she's sort of got a slight celebrity status. So I had to take the chance of contacting her through the two facebook profiles that had her photo (it looked like there were several more without photos), one of which is probably fake. That's why the contacting part isn't quite that easy.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've apparently pretty much decided she's out of your league and you won't be able to reach her.

So long as your not crossing the line into stalking or some similar behavior... either give it a shot or quit bitching.

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You've apparently pretty much decided she's out of your league and you won't be able to reach her.

So long as your not crossing the line into stalking or some similar behavior... either give it a shot or quit bitching.
You've apparently got quite the bug up the ***. All I said was that I was still trying to find the means to contact her.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree. This is now getting very High Schoolish...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Rule of thumb on Divorce women:

Wait at least one year from divorce before dating....give them time to get some emotions out first.....

Aloha,