Tan Sau?

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You didn't miss much. We are at the same point as before. Like I said then, you have some interesting ideas on Wing Chun, but they are a bit "odd." But a hearing a different perspective on something is a good thing!

From my perspective some other interpretations of wing chun do or believe things that I do not agree with. I think this is normal in wing chun due to the diversity of opinion. I don't think that WSL VT is a different interpretation; I think it is more like a complete and coherent understanding of the system vs less complete or more incoherent understandings. If WSL did this himself then perhaps he went above and beyond what YM taught; who knows and is it really relevant? What WSL thinking does though is to make things work that do not otherwise work, im my experience. But then I have not experienced all wing chun and so cannot speak about the individual experience of others. I am sure that there is other workable wing chun in the world and it is quite possible that everyone here has a workable system that I have not experienced.

Latest Discussions