Talented students

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've seen students that were physically talented,but limited by their own arrogance. I've seen students that were not physically adept,but could listen and take direction. I prefer the ones that will listen and have the humility to learn despit their physicality. There are very few people like this out there.

I couldnt agree more. Usually the really good ones, cant listen, wont listen, even when they are wrong. I would much rather work with someone with less talent that is willing to learn.

OP
Kwanjang

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
When it all comes down to it, the "talent" for "sticking with it" ends up being a WHOLE lot more important than a natural aptitude for martial arts.
;)

WOW! my friend zDom nailed my sentiments Exactly. I like that! Can I use as quote?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
WOW! my friend zDom nailed my sentiments Exactly. I like that! Can I use as quote?

You bet :)

Oh.. and my "off the top of my head" list kind of forgot about some of your fine students, Kwanjang.

More than a couple immediately with talent that remain active come to mind when remembering your current crop :) ;)

Latest Discussions