Tae Kwon Do Posters ROLL CALL!

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
dortiz here,
David Ortiz

been around the block but started under Dr. Cha Sok Park in TKD/HKD/YUDO/Kumdo then moved around the country for work studying at a bunch of neat schools. My other favorite was under Merrill Jung in San Francisco. Also practiced Kyukoshin Karate, a little Remy Presas Arnis and in the end fell back to my biggest love of Hapkido. Still keep up my TKD and help teach at the school down the street from time to time.

Dave O.

nuhash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, my real name is Sameh (Sammy) and my middle name is Nuhash, on most other forums i am known as STEELSLASHER, it will probably change in the future

I am 16 and have been practicing ITF TKD for about 9 months (my instructor said i have been progressing really quickly for some odd reason), when i was younger i did wing chun but the training style was excessively boring (it focused mainly on patterns, i prefer to practice moves although patterns are really easy for me, recently perfected the tornado kick which was a huge accomplishment for me)

I hope to start competing as soon as i get back home, but it probably wont be the case because of school

In the long term, i want to learn kendo because i like the idea of holding a sword

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi, my real name is Sameh (Sammy) and my middle name is Nuhash, on most other forums i am known as STEELSLASHER, it will probably change in the future

I am 16 and have been practicing ITF TKD for about 9 months (my instructor said i have been progressing really quickly for some odd reason), when i was younger i did wing chun but the training style was excessively boring (it focused mainly on patterns, i prefer to practice moves although patterns are really easy for me, recently perfected the tornado kick which was a huge accomplishment for me)

I hope to start competing as soon as i get back home, but it probably wont be the case because of school

In the long term, i want to learn kendo because i like the idea of holding a sword

Welcome

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wanted to add something. The screen name Gorilla comes from my college ALMA MATER. The Pittsburg State "Gorillas" . A Division 2 football power house out of Pittsburg Kansas about 95 south of Kansas City Kansas.

http://www.pittstate.edu/

BTW it was picked as one of the best Mid West Colleges by the Princeton Review.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wanted to add something. The screen name Gorilla comes from my college ALMA MATER. The Pittsburg State "Gorillas" . A Division 2 football power house out of Pittsburg Kansas about 95 south of Kansas City Kansas.

http://www.pittstate.edu/

BTW it was picked as one of the best Mid West Colleges by the Princeton Review.

A former Pittburg State coach and alum, Dennis Franchione, pretty much ran Texas A&M football into the ground. As a Texas Longhorn, I say Go, Gorillas! :angel:

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am very biased on this! Dennis is a friend of my dad and like me originally from Southeast Kansas. My father has shot all the game film for Pitt State for the last 30 years. Dennis really wanted the UNLV Job this last go around he got second place. I was very disappointed.

We thought Dennis got the short end of the stick @ A&M. His mistake was ambition. I also think that he was not ready for the spot light of such high profile programs as Alabama & A&M. The scrutiny in the media was unbearable and the alumni is worse. He really is a great football coach! Just not equipped for such high profile programs. UNLV really missed out he would have done a great job! Just the right type of school!

My dad says he is a good guy much maligned. I never got to know Dennis he is older than me and I left Pittsburg in 1985 about the time that he started coaching at Pitt State.

Go Gorillas!!!!!
Go Longhorns!!!!!!

And to all my A&M friends you are wrong about Dennis Franchione!!!!

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My dad says he is a good guy much maligned. I never got to know Dennis he is older than me and I left Pittsburg in 1985 about the time that he started coaching at Pitt State.

Seriously, I think everyone who is coaching at that level is great. By definition, they're in the top 1% of their profession. It's tough to win at A&M right now. They have to compete with Texas, Oklahoma, and LSU for players. I don't know what they need to turn it around, but it's not an easy fix for sure.

Franchione looked quite good at Alabama in his abbreviated stay there and I remember being worried when the Aggies hired him. He gave Oklahoma quite a scare in a game I was watching between the Tide and the Sooners. The Tide fans were very angry when the Aggies stole him from them. If they didn't think he was a good coach, they wouldn't have cared.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A former Pittburg State coach and alum, Dennis Franchione, pretty much ran Texas A&M football into the ground. As a Texas Longhorn, I say Go, Gorillas! :angel:
Shouldn't that be Go, 'Rillas?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Here, sir.

My name is Rick, and I live in Pearland, a little suburb South of Houston, TX. My son Trey (nickname for the Third) and I are training at Eternal Martial Arts under Master Joshua Hong. We've been there about 2.5 years, and are currently half-red/half-black belts. Now we have to refresh and perfect everything we've learned before testing for our black belt.

I also studied Chayon Rhu (Kim Soo Karate) for a couple of years in the early 80's before my dad was laid off, and I had to quit for financial reasons.

I've learned quite a lot on these forums.

Rick

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Dr. Benjamin Rush (yes, like the signer of the Declaration of Independance). I'm a 5th Dan in Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwon Do (aka Tang Soo Do). I've trained under Grandmaster Sok Ho Kang for nearly 25 years now. Although things dojang have softened a bit as society has softened over the years, we are still very traditional. We now just have to consider liabilities a bit more than we did in the 70's and 80's ;)

I'm a Chiropractic Physician in Marietta, Ohio, and teach TKD in Parkersburg, West Virginia.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
29 Now Peeps!!!!!!

Keep em comin' folks, Ya'll are on Fire! :D :D :D

01396.jpg

Latest Discussions