Tae Kwon Do Posters ROLL CALL!

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, I am still fairly new here and I see a lot of peep's view the TKD section but not all of you post.

SO I thought it would be nice if everyone that views this section on a regualr basis came by and said; "HI" :D

So, rather if your an OLD poster or a NEW one, stop by this thread and give a shout out! Feel free to give a little intro to yourself if you wish, that way we can all know who we are standing in the grocery store line with ;)

I'll start:

Some call me the space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, but you can just call me FingFangFoom! :D

I like long walks on the sidewalk with my kids,

an occassional

coors_light.jpg

(ok, maybe more then just an occassional one) :lol:

and I ....

am a postaholic :D

Look forward to "meeting all of you" :D :D :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I am terryL965 that is how old my kids was when I started here, I am the ULTIMATE POST WHORE EXTREME and all that post here knows that it is even in my signature. I love TKD and it loves me back. I have evn been known to have one or 500 drinks on a nightly encounter while at Nationals, just ask a few people here...
icon14.gif
I am married with three boys 12-14 and 16 they all compete and so does my wife, me I am a fulltime instructor and retired school teacher.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am one of the non-practicing yet very involved TKD parents on here. Live in Las Vegas. I am very lucky to have a beautiful wife and two great children 13M/16F). Both my kids happen to do TKD. We are members of TWO DRAGONS (TDT) Master Terry Blackburn!!!!

I have been posting on Martial Talk for 1 year its is the best Martial Arts forum on the Internet!!!!!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am Charles. My handle "mango man" is from the Jimmy Buffett song, "Son Of A Son Of A Sailor"

Now away in the near furture
southeast of disorder
you can shake the hand of the mango man
as he greets you at the border

I have personally taken 1 TKD lesson in my life and have otherwise been a sideline observer for just over 13 years, of my daughter Samantha, a 2nd dan who currently trains under the watchful eyes of Tim Thackrey and Josef Salim at Team-X Sport Taekwondo in North Hollywood, Calif.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm Carl. I started taekwondo in 1979 with Master Robert Allemier in Lansing, MI, and stopped as a red belt when I left for college and the military because I couldn't find a place to continue.

I started back 30 years later with Master Brad DeMinck at Lakeshore Taekwondo Academy (LTA), in Grand Haven, MI, and will test this fall for my red belt, coming full circle. My (now) 16 year old son discovered TKD when I began again, and I was privileged to watch him win gold sparring in Orlando this summer.

In addition to being a student of TKD, I'm a member of our competition team at 47, and am a student assistant with the younger kids' classes. By day, I'm a high school special education teacher and consultant.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
....fo'got to mention, everyone that responds will get a KK (aka Karma Kiss aka a "thank you") at least from me :D

Thanks for all that have responded so far, it is really kewl meeting people this way. I wish I would have heard about computers and forums sooner. ;)

Terry, you are Da Man fo sho!!! 39K posts, wow!!! You are the 10th Dan of posting no doubt about it! :D :D :D

G-man, you have been super helpful since I got here, I would of thought you had been around for way more then just 1 year. Glad also you are just a "CP" like myself :D :D:D

MangoMan, love the handle! (and the song). :D I checked the "INTERNATIONAL MA RANKINGS OF PARENTS SLIGHTLY ENVOLVED IN SPORTS", and I am pleased to let you know that you are ranked higher then me and Gman... (that 1 lesson must of paid off). :D :D :D

Stu-Carl, Love lansing and the Spartans, Lil' TIger has a "junior State Basketball uniform" she loves to wear every March! Thank you from ALL of us for the job you do with special needs children, You are a superspecial person indeed :D:D:D

Keep the roll call going Peeps!!!!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
They call me Art (Yes you hang me on a wall), On here I go by ATC, that use to be the name of our "Club" (that was for you Tez), we are now "TAEMA" (long story but not a bad one). TAEMA is owned and ran by Master Andrew Suh, located in San Jose California.

Not sure how long I have been posting here, guess I could check my profile to see but nah. I have 3 kids that all have been doing TKD since the age of 4. Well the youngest just copies what she sees the other two do. She is only 3. One more year until she is formally doing it. I think 4 is the perfect age to start.

I have been doing Martial Arts since the age of 8 myself. I have studied formal and informal quite a few arts. Boxing, TSD, Chin Na, Hapkido, Wrestling, and now TKD (Well I studied it back in the 70's but they called it Karate). Guess I will have to test for my 3rd Dan sometime next year, not looking forward to it at all.

I may need to join a 12 step program soon, because I think I am addicted to this drug called MT.

jthomas1600

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I'm JT. I've been taking TKD with my kids for about 1.5 years. I'm out of the dojang for months at a time due to my job (I work in Brazil in the offshore oil industry) and came across this site looking for ways to stay connected with ma when I'm at work. I joined this site because it seemed pretty busy, but then Fing Fang Foom jonined a month later and it's been crazy busy now.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm Daniel, but on some sites, I go by the handle 'Celtic Tiger.'

I've drifted to hapkido in recent years and have a strong interest in kumdo. But taekwondo is my first MA, and as such will always be special will always be practiced.

Daniel

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm CrimsonPhoenix, aka Crimson or Phoenix, though I will respond to "hey you!" also.

MT is addicting, but I read way more than I end up posting here. Part of that is due to a college schedule, the other due to good intentions that rarely get acted on -- call it procrastination?

I started TKD when I was 11 and joined my current school at 13. I'm hoping to test for red belt within a year, though time really isn't a big issue to me. I've decided that I'm in martial arts for the long run and at some point I want to become the teacher that my instructors are to me. I'm just an assistant instructor right now, but I love getting to help out with the kids class every chance I get.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all! This is becomin' one big happy family :D

ATC, you are a true corner stone here and I always look forward to all of you posts! You always exude such a great joy in posting about your kids and I truely love that! You will kick *** in your 3rd dan test, of that I have no doubt :D :D :D

JT, Off shore oil in Brazil! WOW, truely a very cool job to get to travel the world like that! You don't happen to drink Dos Equis do you?! Very envious that you take TKD with your kids, I am sure they love you for it:D :D :D

Celtic T, I have been a Huge fan of your ever since "Narrow road to the Deep North", had no idea you were into martial arts as well! Keep it up my man, love your posts :D :D :D

Phoenix, you are and always will be one of my favorite Xmen charecters. Rise from the ashes of college and snatch that red belt you deserve it! You will be a great instructor someday, so it is written,...so it is done :D :D :D

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the Shout out Earl!

I used to have a good friend in Frankfurt, Germany named Weiss, only difference is he spelled it WEIß :D

Love that double "S" thingy with the S's :D :D :D

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm IcemanSK, but you can call me Tom if you like. I began TKD 28 years ago as a teen. I had such a rough time with bullies in junior high that I started TKD as soon as high school started. Funny thing was, the bullies mellowed out in high school.

I've trained under both Korean & American masters. I've even had the privilege of training a few times under MT's own Master Earl Weiss. I've trained in full contact rules kickboxing, Western boxing & a bit of Hapkido during my time in TKD as well.

I used to post much more on MT, but now I post when I have something of worth to contribute to a thread. There are many good folks on here.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm IcemanSK, but you can call me Tom if you like. I began TKD 28 years ago as a teen. I had such a rough time with bullies in junior high that I started TKD as soon as high school started. Funny thing was, the bullies mellowed out in high school.

I've trained under both Korean & American masters. I've even had the privilege of training a few times under MT's own Master Earl Weiss. I've trained in full contact rules kickboxing, Western boxing & a bit of Hapkido during my time in TKD as well.

I used to post much more on MT, but now I post when I have something of worth to contribute to a thread. There are many good folks on here.

Tom you are one of the true TKD'ist on MT, you have over come so much the past few years. Remember you have alot to offer.

OP
Fing Fang Foom

Fing Fang Foom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Love the Name Iceman! Brings back memories of another fav Xman, and of course the cool one himself in San Antonio!

Privledged to have someone as yourself give a shout out. Great big KK for you my friend :D :D :D

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love the Name Iceman! Brings back memories of another fav Xman, and of course the cool one himself in San Antonio!

Privledged to have someone as yourself give a shout out. Great big KK for you my friend :D :D :D

The screen name doesn't come from "Top Gun," as some have thought. It was a ring name given to me by my kickboxing trainer. He said, "you remind me of "The Iceman" Jean Yves Theriault." (the Canadian kickboxing legend) I was thrilled. I said, "wow, do you really think I fight like him?" He laughed & said, "No way. But ya do kinda look like him." The SK was from that gym "Superkick." That trainer ( Kevin, from my sig at the bottom) died of a brain tumor at 42 years old in 1999. I named my Taekwondo school after him. :asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't do TKD. I just think Tom and Terry and the rest of ya's are pretty cool folks. And FingFangFoom totally rawks as a name. ;)

Latest Discussions