Tadashi Yamashita and Mr. Parker?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Greetings to all of the Kenpo Senoirs here! :asian:

I was watching an old Panther video tonight of Master Tadashi Yamshita's Karate. Throughout the video by his terms used, his techniques, and just his movements in general, I was wondering did he train back in the day with Mr. Parker? I saw more "Kenpo" than "Karate" in the video. Even a couple of techniques in there. His Karate wasn't like any other I've seen, so I was just curious.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings to all of the Kenpo Senoirs here! :asian:

I was watching an old Panther video tonight of Master Tadashi Yamshita's Karate. Throughout the video by his terms used, his techniques, and just his movements in general, I was wondering did he train back in the day with Mr. Parker? I saw more "Kenpo" than "Karate" in the video. Even a couple of techniques in there. His Karate wasn't like any other I've seen, so I was just curious.

He learned his rapid fire hand strikes (repetition) from Eric Lee (Kajukenbo-Wun Hop Kuen Do).

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Back in the day," I was watching a demo of Tadashi at the IKC with Mr. Parker. It was clear his movements were not the traditional karate I had seen Tadashi perform in demos when I first met him. I looked at Ed Parker and began to open my mouth to voice my observations. Before I uttered a word, Parker said with a big grin, "He's been taking Kenpo from Tino."

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. You could definitely see that in the video. There doesn't seem to be any hint of "Karate" in there. It all seemed like Kenpo to me.

I recall watching him one year..... then Mr. Parker and TY went to I think Chile or South America somewhere.... when they returned..... at the next Internationals in Long Beach... TY did a demo that looked totally like Kenpo...... I said wow.... where did that come from....... LOL

Latest Discussions