Sword Of Destruction

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenmpoka
The gap (room) for the kick is provided by the transitional cat right before the kick. You actually need that kick to disturb his center line.

:asian:
Actually I can disturb his centerline with the block, along the width dimension.
Then the kick helps disrupt the potential right hand punch.

Your Brother
John

OP
W

WhiteTiger

Remember the formal techniques are for reference, a training tool. If you need to step forward in order to close the distance to make the technique work then do so. Try practicing this technique for a punch from the Rt side or the Lt Side, either closing or increasing distance.

As for the block to a straight punch; a block is not disigned to be a counter to any one attack, but to cover a certain part of the body from whatever attack.

Actually at some point in my training I condenced this technique into a 2 count. The stance transition, the kick and the block are all simotaneous, theory being, I get my kick in faster impaling him in the groin, his punch is aimed more toward my left shoe than my head. I have actually used this in freestyle, althought my kick is targeted a little higher, and the follow-up is a ridge-hand.

Latest Discussions