Swine Flu?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It seems like this happens almost every year with a different virus. Bird flu anyone? I've never gotten a flu shot, nor have my children.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seems that some of our leaders own stock in the companies making the vaccine. Interesting that we now 'need' what they have a vested interest in selling.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep. Was bird flu last time. Now its pig flu. Anything for the media to scare up some advertising, as well as let the gov't try out some new laws on forcing the public to do what it says.

Also:

The shots contain "25,000 times the level of mercury than would be considered toxic if it was in food or water"

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm stuck at home with swine flu right now. It really isn't very serious as an illness goes. The only thing about it is that is't pretty contagious. I don't remember the last time I ever had the flu, and I haven't had a vaccine since I was a young child. I was the 6th person from my taekwondo school to come down with it.

All in all, I do think it's blown way out of proportion, but that's pretty much the standard operating procedure with today's media.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had influenza three times that I can recall. I had the Russian flu when I was ten or eleven when that was going around. My mother and I were stuck in bed with it from Thanksgiving weekend through mid-January. It was not pretty.

I had it again in 2001 I think, but other factors really kept my immunity down - major stressors, a knee injury and the wrong medication. Advair helped me get pneumonia with that go-around and every other chest cold I got ... so a couple years later, I got off of Advair completely.

Then two years ago, we all had the omigod-I-can't-move-a-muscle flu. Had us all down for a week. Probiotics, tons of fluids, electrolytes and Robitussin did wonders for us - plus SOUP SOUP SOUP SOUP SOUP! Homemade, of course all helped get us better and they help keep us well.

Sanitizing often-touched surfaces in our home and being meticulous about hand-washing also helps prevent MOST communicable disease.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]mh5F5wP8RdU[/yt]

Many of the parents of the 1 in 120 children who have been harmed somehow by vaccines think it's not quite so rare after all.

Or that the issues are psychogenic. Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey's organization reached out to Desiree Jennings during the middle of the month and set up a web page for her.....before the end of the month the web page was down and any reference to Jennings were gone from their website.

ronagle

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Aye, I hate to be all 'conspiracy theory' but the scale of the scare mongering on Swine Flu, which is a less dangerous form of the virus than nearly any other, has me scratching my head about the dreaded "what is really going on?".

For the record, I got my h1n1 shot yesterday, I feel fine so the naysayers can get over it.

ronagle

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Want to fight off illness? Eat right, be in shape, get enough sleep and take a multi vitamin. It will not keep you 100% illness free, but it will make your body more resistant to what's out there, as that is the common sense info that keeps your imune system working at peak efficiency.

Prevention: jug of water in the fridge, I dump one airborne tablet into it as well.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I got my h1n1 shot yesterday, I feel fine so the naysayers can get over it.

Good for you! No one here is being forced to get it and while it's publicised there's no 'panic' in the British media about it. Vulnerable people such as the elderly, asthmatic, already ill, low immune systems etc are offered flu jabs every year. The jabs are adapted to whatever flu is going around that year. It does save lives no doubt.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, this one's now personal as my 14 year old daughter has it.

I respect your opinions, and your decisions as to what does or does not go into your body. We're using a lot of the home remedy measures you mention.... but then, that's all we have.

We would've used the vaccine, a completely academic point because it has never been available here. At least not to those without special connections.

This virus (and others) has been running rampant in the schools here in the last week... which were kept open, when in May they were closing for one case. Our tool of a Health Commissioner now says the vaccine will be here in late November..... who the * will need it then?

Also found there's a Catch 22 with Tamiflu.... they will only give it out if the child is very sick.... of course, by the time my daughter gets to that point it will be too late for it to be of any use. Again, thanks for nothing.

How much money was spent on a vaccine that will only be available after the pandemic? What a waste, what a failure.

As somebody on another forum mused, what'd be said now if Bush were the President?

Ultimately, I have to put my trust in the virus.... that it won't become what it did in 1918...... and in what I can do.

I'm thinking I see the future of health care right here - lots of money spent, plenty of government bombast - and nothing meaningful there for my family when we need it.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I and my children have been vaccinated for everything under the sun, and every year we get our flu shot. This year we will get the H1N1 and the normal influenza shot. Never been an issue or a problem.

Lets see now small pox’s is gone, it killed millions every year and is gone.
Polo is essentially gone, except for those who do not immunize their children.
Measles, mumps and Rubella would be gone if everyone vaccinated their kids.

We are almost 7 billion people and are living longer today for two reasons and two reasons only. Antibiotics and immunization.

You of course have a right, depending on your job, not to get an immunization shot, but you do so at your own risk.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yesterday? and you feel fine? Check back in a couple of years. I WANT to know the long term effect of this drug before I "can get over it".

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I and my children have been vaccinated for everything under the sun, and every year we get our flu shot. This year we will get the H1N1 and the normal influenza shot. Never been an issue or a problem.

Lets see now small pox&#8217;s is gone, it killed millions every year and is gone.
Polo is essentially gone, except for those who do not immunize their children.
Measles, mumps and Rubella would be gone if everyone vaccinated their kids.

We are almost 7 billion people and are living longer today for two reasons and two reasons only. Antibiotics and immunization.

You of course have a right, depending on your job, not to get an immunization shot, but you do so at your own risk.

Yes. and I'll excercise my right not to get the "immunization" shot. A "risk" I'm willing to take. I wish you and your family the best of health.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
.Lets see now small pox&#8217;s is gone, it killed millions every year and is gone.

I'm sorry, but I'm weak in this part of history. I realize that small pox is gone, but did everyone get the vaccination? Everyone in the world? Was it required? Again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area.

Latest Discussions