Gyokko ryu koku henka
[yt]-jYun7aQAxs&feature=related[/yt]

Togakure ryu technique - Sveneric Bogsater
[yt]7DlTJuSbW1U&feature=related[/yt]

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those sword techniques in the last one are neat-looking but seem to leave very little room for error!

That One Guy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i don't think i could ever rationalize the time spent training in ancient weapon techniques. but then again, if zombies ever try to take over the world, I know who i'm kicking it with.........

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i don't think i could ever rationalize the time spent training in ancient weapon techniques. but then again, if zombies ever try to take over the world, I know who i'm kicking it with.........

There's alot to be said about doing weapons work to improve one's taijutsu, as well as transfering the concept of different(ancient) weapons to work with certain techniques of taijutsu, or even modern-day 'toys', or weapons of opportunity (improvised weapons). Explore, bro-ham. Believe me, seek hard enogh, and you'll find something.

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Gyokko ryu - ichimonji
[yt]Go3fIa3_y1U&feature=related[/yt]

Gyokko ryu koku henka
[yt]-jYun7aQAxs&feature=related[/yt]

Togakure ryu technique - Sveneric Bogsater
[yt]7DlTJuSbW1U&feature=related[/yt]
Bri-guy,
Is Bogsater U.S, -based ? Does he get down to the midwest much(god, i hope so!)? And, as always, good clips!

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
He's great. Very clean. The sword tech though eh. I am not fond of the margin of error but then I just haven't practised enough.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those sword techniques in the last one are neat-looking but seem to leave very little room for error!

Good taijutsu doesn't need much room for error. ;)

Seriously, just how much distance is too much or too little? In the Bujinkan, they often talk about all the distance that is needed from a punch, kick, slice etc, is the thickness of a sheet of paper. One side of the paper is life and the other side is death.

I say dance on the razor's edge.
icon14.gif

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

That is OK, if you don't understand or rationalize it. Those with more than an elementary understanding of timing, space/distance, and balance will appreciate the principle lessons learned through weapons training. :rolleyes: After all, it is martial science!

Latest Discussions