Steven Seagal invented front kick?!?!?!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really?!?! I saw the kick that Silva uses and is it really anything other than a, well...front kick?

[yt]93uyDLhTQYQ[/yt]

[yt]UcNgrp2Ftew[/yt]

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He taught the guy a specific timing and everybody is jumping on it. Can't we just agree he invented that guy's front kick?
Sean

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Chuck may need to send Steven a total gym. He's gettin a little outta shape there. Or is it just bad lighting? :)

texas_rebel_1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
in both videos Seagal stated he learned the kick 35-40 years ago and began perfecting it. then in the second video he stated that it is a variation of a karate kick he made up, okay maybe i guess. then he kinda lost me when asked about seeing a front kick used in combat sports and he got a little high and mighty when he stated that he hasn't seen "his" kick because he has only taught it to a couple people.....

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
in both videos Seagal stated he learned the kick 35-40 years ago and began perfecting it. then in the second video he stated that it is a variation of a karate kick he made up, okay maybe i guess. then he kinda lost me when asked about seeing a front kick used in combat sports and he got a little high and mighty when he stated that he hasn't seen "his" kick because he has only taught it to a couple people.....
But is this really a kick that he invented and taught or did he simply say use a front kick I think it will work. then Silva and Machida both went to the lab and simply practice using a front kick. I really saw nothing special with the kick. It was a simple front kick at the right time and distance. I have seen many people do this. So just because it was on TV and no MMA guys use it makes it a kick that he invented or changed to be called his own.

There was a student from our former dojang that crossed over into MMA and loved to use an Axe kick and all the guys he trained with in the MMA gym, were like whoa! what was that? Teach it to us. So I guess he can say he invented the axe kick because most MMA guys don't use it. Just kind of funny to me.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out some of his movies and you will see him use that "his" front kick. It looks more like a very strong front trust kick with plenty of follow through. I like Steven Seagal, even with some of his hangups, so I can't bad mouth him. He has talant.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chuck may need to send Steven a total gym. He's gettin a little outta shape there. Or is it just bad lighting? :)

I saw him recently on one of the afternoon talk shows and he really looks like he's gained about a 100lbs, and not in a good way. I remember early one he was actually tall and pretty lanky. I'd be willing to bet he's pushing three bills right now. That's too bad.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Steven ate Chuck...But Chuck was such a badass...he is giving Steven irritable bowel syndrome.

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Between Chuck; Seagal & van-Damn they invented martial-arts right?! lol

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Where the hell is the kick? Any video's? And is Steven Segal high in those interviews? He hardly knew which way was up and which was down let alone how many years ago he learned anything!