Well, It Seems Im A Green Belt.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, after Bag-Pounding and Pattern-Doing away about an Hour of Last Weekend, it seems im now a Green Belt.
As of the Day before Yesterday.

Why do I take this as a Point of Note?
Well, it is from a Certain Perspective (From a 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1; W,Y,G,B,R,+), Half Way to a Not-So-Colorful Belt to Signify an Understanding of Foundation.
One might attribute this to Green Belt Blue Tag, but the way I view Belts, its just a Green Belt with a Tag, and a New Pattern :p

In any Case, im just going to make this one of those weird Threads where you mention Momentuous things you go ahead and do, and... Eh... Reply to Replies.

But also, I also got a Double Belt.
Instead of a Single Belt.
This actually Pleases Me more than the Promotion. :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.

In the words of my Sensei as his parting note from time to time, "keep kicking and punching".

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Cyriacus.
Got a test myself comming up in 2 days. Not really interested in the belt, just moving on to new skills.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats Cyriacus.
Got a test myself comming up in 2 days. Not really interested in the belt, just moving on to new skills.
I think its the New Skills that give alot of Appeal.

Personally, I want to be a Black Belt, just so I can learn Ge-Baek (Is that the Proper Spelling?) :D

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think its the New Skills that give alot of Appeal.

Personally, I want to be a Black Belt, just so I can learn Ge-Baek (Is that the Proper Spelling?) :D
Same here except what form doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm learning. Hwa-Rang is gonna be interesting :)

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations!! It always feels great to tie on that new belt the first class after your test. Keep it up!

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I just earned my green belt less than two weeks ago. It's been fun. Harder kicks, and we started Won Hyo yesterday (we only learn 4 moves at a time and stay there for a week). I keep saying that I'm not too hung up on the belt rank, but yet I test every time LOL. How long are your testing cycles Cy?

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Gae-Baek, it's a fun pattern but one of the hardest to learn! And congratulations.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I just earned my green belt less than two weeks ago. It's been fun. Harder kicks, and we started Won Hyo yesterday (we only learn 4 moves at a time and stay there for a week). I keep saying that I'm not too hung up on the belt rank, but yet I test every time LOL. How long are your testing cycles Cy?
Well, theres a Grading every 3 Months, but you only usually Grade every 6. Its more so that they can Control the lengths. Some people go from White Belt to Yellow Tag within 3 Months, quite well. Others can take 9 Months to get from Blue Tag to Blue, and so forth. It allows a bit of Flexibility in how long you stay a certain Rank.
There are subsequently Rarely (Ive only even heard of Two in this whole Org) Double Gradings.

Gae-Baek, it's a fun pattern but one of the hardest to learn! And congratulations.
Its also Awesome.
Not just for the Techniques, but for the History behind it :)

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
congrats!! I to have a green belt in my style. My green belt test was almost 2 years ago but i remember it like it was yesterday

B

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A tip of the cap to you, my friend. Keep it up!

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations. At my school, this is where we really start to loose people.

My son and I are working on Ge-Baek. 44 moves, with some new weird ones, plus our old non-favorite - the W-block. My son calls it Toi-Gye 2. Yeah, it's a [expletive deleted]. I really like Hwa-Rang.

What do you mean by single and double belt? Is that the number of times you wrap it around your waist? If so, almost everyone at our school has double.

Good luck with your future training.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score

My son and I are working on Ge-Baek. 44 moves, with some new weird ones, plus our old non-favorite - the W-block. My son calls it Toi-Gye 2. Yeah, it's a [expletive deleted]. I really like Hwa-Rang.

What do you mean by single and double belt? Is that the number of times you wrap it around your waist? If so, almost everyone at our school has double.

I just want to get out of the opening stance ASAP. Wife kids that it looks like you have to take a leak reeeal bad :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Congratulations to your new belt .

Belts are not as important as what you learn from them.
I know I Sound like a fortune cookie but I'm playing with the speech recognition on my computer. %-}

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yep - Ive always found Single Belts to be too Loose Fitting. Now ive finally been given a Double Belt ;)

Congratulations to your new belt .

Belts are not as important as what you learn from them.
I know I Sound like a fortune cookie but I'm playing with the speech recognition on my computer. %-}

Playing, or doing Science?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Playing, or doing Science?

playing. Maybe I get myself desensitized to my own voice that I won't be embarrassed to read benign silly romance stories to myself as I dictate them. :D

So far it took me forever to spell 'congratulations' out....typing would have been faster. :)

Latest Discussions