Star Wars themed class to draw new students

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
oh my God i hope your kidding. i didnt read the whole thread, but your joking right?

I think the person who thunk this up was serious about it. But if one person thought it up you know ther are at least a hundred want -to-be full time instructors with their "enrollment" in the tank who will use this to bump up the numbers.

The real horror of this will be that anyone who signs up for this will be a punchline everywhere else in the region. If it is advertised as stage combat that is one thing. Trying to sell this as legitimate combat prowess will be like trying to take a baseball player and put him up against a trained swordsman.

Regards,
Walt

gblnking

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I seriously thought this was a joke at first. I bet they don’t even attempt to hide the golden arches that probably adorn the entrance to the “school”. I wonder if they offer a free side of french fries when you sign up for the G.I. Joe black belt club (with kung fu grip of course)
I don’t feel sorry for the parents who stupidly sign the more than likely over inflated long-term contract after being duped in with that shameless promotion, I don’t even really feel sorry for the kids of these parents because I’m sure that “kung Fu Panda” has meaning in their lives. I feel bad for the adult students who really thought that they were learning something of value. Think of how embarrassed that they must feel when their family and friends found out that they were a part of this.
I feel bad for the female student who thinks she has learned a self defense skill who when confronted by a would be attacker she will strike a power ranger pose and shout, “ Go Voltron force” only to find that there is no giant robot coming to her aide.
Maybe for their next promotion they can dress up like that creepy Burger King guy from those commercials and chase people into their “school”.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to disagree about the copyright issue. Gaining students to teach lightsaber jedi skills would be profiting from a derivative work. Unless you have Lucas' express permission, if you are making loot off of teaching Star Wars derived content and using "product identity" then it is a copyright violation.

Best Regards,
Walt

Agreed. The School that did this with Klingons got sued and the school had to close down completley afterwords.

Not smart.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Agreed. The School that did this with Klingons got sued and the school had to close down completley afterwords.

Not smart.

Not to mention that they probably got attacked by the Klingons too... Those guys fight at the drop of a hat... What... eh....fine... shutting up now.

I thought it was funny,
Walt

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score

Not smart.

on second thought...you go on ahead with this plan. it's a really good idea.

jf