New Star Wars Movie is almost here!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Time is winding down to the August 15th Clone Wars/Star Wars computer-animated movie in theaters.
My boys are excited. I made them some pretty good (if I do say so myself) lightsabers out of painted pvc and other parts. One is a double red saber that comes apart and the other two have curved hilts like Count Dooku's and Asajj Ventress'.
I am going do dress them up as jedi and go to the premier.
Interestingly, it seems that Anakan will be taking a padawan trainee in the movie, which is placed between episodes 2 and 3. There was a 3 or 4 hour animated movie on cartoon network a few years ago that bridged the gap between episodes 2 and 3, and many believe it was better than the prequels. I kind of agree myself. This movie will add to that time period.
Is anyone else excited?

AoG

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My boys are excited. I made them some pretty good (if I do say so myself) lightsabers out of painted pvc and other parts. One is a double red saber that comes apart and the other two have curved hilts like Count Dooku's and Asajj Ventress'.
I am going do dress them up as jedi and go to the premier.

Dressing up the kids -- what a great idea! I will have to search for a good costume pattern...great, another project, thanks a lot...:p

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't even heard of this yet! Is there a trailer for it on youtube or somewhere?

I will go see it when it comes out.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
is that the animated thing I have seen advertised lately. Lacks something IMHO but still I have not seen the whole thing so I'll with hold final judgement till later

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dressing up the kids -- what a great idea! I will have to search for a good costume pattern...great, another project, thanks a lot...:p

Just tuck in a black karate top to dress like Anakan or a white karate top to dress like Luke.
Go to Lowes and get some 1/2 inch electrical pvc pipe (about $2 for ten feet of it) and cut it up and spray paint it to make lightsabers. Wrap the hilt in black electrical tape or silver duck tape to give it a handle color.
Or, you can buy the fake lightsabers at WalMart for about $8.

AoG

Latest Discussions