So what do We do about Zombies.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Given that the Rage Infected are part of this discussion, I've got to amend some earlier statements and acknowledge that a firearm is probably the personal weapon of choice in that case. You wanna keep those guys at a distance, and they tend to be able to move faster than Zed so doing so is more difficult. Getting close enough to use cutting and smashing weapons puts you in danger, when a distance weapon is more viable and even wounding them will slow or stop them, and will probably eventually bring about their demise. But now you've got to consider the problems inherent in ammunition, supply, weight, availability, etc.

Not an easy sitation to prepare for.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Awe hell...just get one of these

AH-64D_DVD-1098-2_375x300.jpg

problem solved :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Awe hell...just get one of these

AH-64D_DVD-1098-2_375x300.jpg

problem solved :D

that would be very useful. And as was shown in the follow-up documentary "28 Weeks Later", if ammunition runs out you can use the rotor blades to mow down The Infected as they run across an open field.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
that would be very useful. And as was shown in the follow-up documentary "28 Weeks Later", if ammunition runs out you can use the rotor blades to mow down The Infected as they run across an open field.

Well...actually...just between you and me...we need none of this since we have.......XUEFU :EG: :uhyeah:

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm surprised the use of fire or explosives hasn't been talked about more here. Yeah there are inherant dangers to using either but work equally well for both zed and rage infections.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm surprised the use of fire or explosives hasn't been talked about more here. Yeah there are inherant dangers to using either but work equally well for both zed and rage infections.
Well, how is the virus spread? If its blood born, couldnt the molecules get spread everywere from the melted corpses?

Also, explosives are a limited resource.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, how is the virus spread? If its blood born, couldnt the molecules get spread everywere from the melted corpses?

Also, explosives are a limited resource.

Viruses do not survive fire very well...

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now just think of a zombie honey badger!!! He will just laugh at your silly little weapons and just take what he wants!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now just think of a zombie honey badger!!! He will just laugh at your silly little weapons and just take what he wants!

aye, except that given his position as an animated corpse he's probably lost his sense of humor and is unlikely to laugh. Tho he may still take what he wants.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Max Brooks, author of The Zombie Survival Guide, and World War Z, and leading authority on Zombie issues, I believe shed some light on this. As far as Rage infected, I'd say fire and explosives are a good weapon because, as has been noted, they are still living humans and are susceptible to any kinds of injuries. Blood spatter would be an issue, but if it is all exposed to the flames thoroughly enough, then it should be nullified. But can you always be sure it's been burned away enough?

With regard to Zed, it's a bit trickier. If the explosion fully consumes Zed, then yes. If it just blows it to pieces, then if the brain is still intact, no. Zed is a corpse and does continue to decay. Over time, an active Zed will succomb to this decay and become nullified. But until that happens, even a severed head is a hazard. It keeps chomping, and if you step on it in the tall grass because you didn't know it's there, you could get bit. So explosives aren't a sure thing, it just depends.

With regard to fire, again it's got to consume Zed, or he turns into a walking torch and may pose additional hazards. Until that brain is destroyed, he'll keep on coming. Throw him into a crematorium, and sure, he's dead and the Zed virus should die with him. But spray him with a flame thrower and he's gonna keep moving until the head is consumed by the fire.

I still recommend those cutting and smashing weapons for Zed, but these other options, like fire and explosives, are viable for Rage infections. Just be aware that infected blood spatter may still be an issue.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

aye, except that given his position as an animated corpse he's probably lost his sense of humor and is unlikely to laugh. Tho he may still take what he wants.

Honey Badger is not amused

images

:uhyeah:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Max Brooks, author of The Zombie Survival Guide, and World War Z, and leading authority on Zombie issues, I believe shed some light on this. As far as Rage infected, I'd say fire and explosives are a good weapon because, as has been noted, they are still living humans and are susceptible to any kinds of injuries. Blood spatter would be an issue, but if it is all exposed to the flames thoroughly enough, then it should be nullified. But can you always be sure it's been burned away enough?

With regard to Zed, it's a bit trickier. If the explosion fully consumes Zed, then yes. If it just blows it to pieces, then if the brain is still intact, no. Zed is a corpse and does continue to decay. Over time, an active Zed will succomb to this decay and become nullified. But until that happens, even a severed head is a hazard. It keeps chomping, and if you step on it in the tall grass because you didn't know it's there, you could get bit. So explosives aren't a sure thing, it just depends.

With regard to fire, again it's got to consume Zed, or he turns into a walking torch and may pose additional hazards. Until that brain is destroyed, he'll keep on coming. Throw him into a crematorium, and sure, he's dead and the Zed virus should die with him. But spray him with a flame thrower and he's gonna keep moving until the head is consumed by the fire.

I still recommend those cutting and smashing weapons for Zed, but these other options, like fire and explosives, are viable for Rage infections. Just be aware that infected blood spatter may still be an issue.

So the answer appears to be live in an area surrounded my molten lava……

:hmm:

Or…..

OK so if we surround ourselves with Hot coals will the Zombies walk on it and if so will they spontaneously combust :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Or…..

OK so if we surround ourselves with Hot coals will the Zombies walk on it and if so will they spontaneously combust :D

Depends on if they've been to one of those seminars...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw a cartoon somewhere, I don't remember where, might have been a Facebook posting...it was a Zombie-proof house. The house was surrounded by treadmills as a barrier.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Or…..

Like the zombie honey badger, the volcano gods are not happy.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Oh I agree whole heartedly that the cutting and smashing tools are the way to go, especially for fresh zeds, but fire and explosives definitely have a place in the eradication of zeds and rage victims. Even if the fire doesn't consume a zed(s), the damage done should speed up immobilizing them. As far as decomposition that could be a long time since the virus that reanimates them seems to slow the decomposition rates in zeds, as for rage infections, if not properly supplied you could starve to death just as quick as a rage infected individual.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh I agree whole heartedly that the cutting and smashing tools are the way to go, especially for fresh zeds, but fire and explosives definitely have a place in the eradication of zeds and rage victims. Even if the fire doesn't consume a zed(s), the damage done should speed up immobilizing them. As far as decomposition that could be a long time since the virus that reanimates them seems to slow the decomposition rates in zeds, as for rage infections, if not properly supplied you could starve to death just as quick as a rage infected individual.

absolutely. these are all valid issues, you just need to understand the full parameters or you might not get what you expect.

Latest Discussions