So what do We do about Zombies.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
So. I was clipping My toe nails in front of the tube last night, when I saw a disturbing documentary titled "28 Days Later".
Apparently Zombie-ism has all but taken over the island of the United Kingdom.
Now, in the unlikely event that it spreads to other parts of the world, I got thinking, that We dont train for this.
We should be better prepared.
Luckily, there are some Martial Arts suited to Zombie Defence (ZD).
Anyway, Im just looking for opinions on the subject.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's important to remember that swords don't have to be re-loaded.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hm. I think Id prefer a Pugil Stick. It seems to be more effective at striking the two primary targets mentioned in the Documentary.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Shaun of the Dead' provides the answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
How? The sailing dead, the swimming dead or the flying dead?

Gnarlie
Well, i presume bath salts can be spread through water, so id assume the fish might bring it across?

'Shaun of the Dead' provides the answers!

But what if You dont have any limited edition records? Then were all dead!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, i presume bath salts can be spread through water, so id assume the fish might bring it across?

My weapon of choice would be a modified outboard motor. I guess it could work on zombies of a piscine strain.

Gnarlie

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid you already have a zombie in your country at the moment, he's fairly genial though and his missus keeps him under control mostly.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/965...ince-struggles-with-weaving-in-Australia.html

You have to watch all of Shaun for the answers.
OH NO. So THIS is how it starts! The Documentary was telling the truth!

Ok, so can I buy "Shaun Of The Dead" on the National Geographic Online Store? I looked on there but couldnt find it?

My weapon of choice would be a modified outboard motor. I guess it could work on zombies of a piscine strain.

Gnarlie

But how do You keep it powered?

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well according to Max Brook's Zombie Survivial Guide 2 of the best weapons to have are the katana and the Monk's spade. Of course a good heavy machete will do just fine :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The best advice, to quote the 1968 movie Night of the Living Dead

Kill the brain, and you kill the ghoul.

Well, there's no problem. If you have a gun, shoot 'em in the head. That's a sure way to kill 'em. If you don't, get yourself a club or a torch. Beat 'em or burn 'em. They go up pretty easy.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well according to Max Brook's Zombie Survivial Guide 2 of the best weapons to have are the katana and the Monk's spade. Of course a good heavy machete will do just fine :)

Ill have to find Me a monks spade. Add it to the ol arsenal.

The best advice, to quote the 1968 movie Night of the Living Dead

The groin is equally effective.

Yay!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The groin is equally effective.

The groin is definitely not effective. There is no pain issues with a zed, so any technique that relies on pain is useless. The only way a groin strike would be effective on a zed is if it was some kind of blade strike that actually severed the leg from the trunk or split the trunk so dramatically that zed could no longer locomote. But that would not destroy old zed. You still gotta destroy the brain. Even beheading only stops the locomotion. That head lying on the ground keeps on chomping away and can spread the zed virus to others.

some of us have been students of the Zombie Wars for a number of years now and are already well prepared.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

aye, and ammunition is heavy and you can run out. And the report of a firearm can attract more Zed to the scene. In addition, the adrenaline of being under Zed attack can make you fumble and miss that shot. It's not like shooting a conventional enemy where any hit does some damage. If that shot doesn't hit the brain, then it's done nothing and you just wasted your shot, your ammo, and your time.

I recommend keeping a sidearm and maybe 4 magazines handy in your kit in case you get backed into a corner by a herd of Zed and have no other choice. But for the majority of Zed killing and disposal, rely on your blades and smashing weapons.

OP
Cyriacus

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
It already has. Hasn't anyone been paying attention to the House and Senate recently?
:lurk::shooter:

The groin is definitely not effective. There is no pain issues with a zed, so any technique that relies on pain is useless. The only way a groin strike would be effective on a zed is if it was some kind of blade strike that actually severed the leg from the trunk or split the trunk so dramatically that zed could no longer locomote. But that would not destroy old zed. You still gotta destroy the brain. Even beheading only stops the locomotion. That head lying on the ground keeps on chomping away and can spread the zed virus to others.

some of us have been students of the Zombie Wars for a number of years now and are already well prepared.

Well, the Documentary said that breaking the groin was just as effective as breaking the head. There are only two ways to kill a zombie, after all.
However, I suppose splitting one in half might have some uses. Would a handsaw be better, or a hatchet of some kind?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:lurk::shooter:

Well, the Documentary said that breaking the groin was just as effective as breaking the head. There are only two ways to kill a zombie, after all.
However, I suppose splitting one in half might have some uses. Would a handsaw be better, or a hatchet of some kind?

ok I think we gotta identify an issue first. That documentary, "28 Days Later" was not actually about the traditional Zed, which is caused by a virus that reanimates a corpse. There is just some portion of the brain stem alive that keeps the corpse in motion and searching for food. What was documented in that film you saw was actually about the Rage Virus, which turns a living human being into an unreasoning, rage-fuelled killing machine. As a living human it is still susceptible to normal wounds and injuries that any human would succomb to. So in 28 Days, we are talking about The Infected, and not talking about Zed.

I would not recommend a handsaw. That requires you get into close contact and then maintain that contact while you saw away. A machete, sword, hatchet, full axe, maul, Baseball Bat, Cricket Bat, etc., would all be a better choice because you hit and run. You never want to have ongoing contact with either Zed or the Infected because that opens you to the possibility of getting infected thru bodily fluids, biting, etc. or simply getting killed and turning into Zed yourself.

Of course there is also the Spatter Danger, so it's a good idea to protect yourself with a face shield, safety goggles, dust mask over the mouth and nose, etc. And wash up those tools and your clothing when you are done. It would suck to accidentally cut yourself while sharpening a sword, for example, and getting infected from a dirty blade. Now you are Zed, or one of The Infected as well. It's tricky, dealing with these issues so you really need to think ahead. Carry disinfecting alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide or bleach or something that you can just pour over your tools after you wipe them clean.

Latest Discussions