So How Many Of You Are Like Me?

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WOW!! It is just so great to know there really are other crazy people out there just like me!!
Done with training tonight and already looking forward to tomorrow!!

Happy training everyone

"Obsessed is just a word the weak use to describe the dedicated"

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well...

I used to be like that... and I'm trying to be like that again...

Used to be that I had a real fire in my belly over my training... then I got caught up in those little things in life...

Now, I'm trying to revive my training... and get that fire burning again...

Just seems like the old furnace takes more of a stoking now a days to get it burning good!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

P.S. Getting older STINKS! lol

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Training is done for the evening. I could barely keep myself awake. It was a long day. I am so beat after working out, but it feels super good.

Exactly my thought—was practically falling asleep after dinner, but rallied and did almost an hour's worth of TKD... now I have a second wind that will probably keep me up till midnight or later... feel tired but alert now, not that awful depleted feeling you get from being worn out by the hundred little stresses that accumulate during the day. This is more like a kind of wholesome fatigue that means I'll sleep well (I hope... doesn't happen all that often, alas)....

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh. I'm counting down the days till back surgery on 3/6. Then I'll be able to get back to working out instead of merely teaching. :)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exactly my thought—was practically falling asleep after dinner, but rallied and did almost an hour's worth of TKD... now I have a second wind that will probably keep me up till midnight or later... feel tired but alert now, not that awful depleted feeling you get from being worn out by the hundred little stresses that accumulate during the day.

That is how I was after class last night. I couldn't go to sleep until say 1am or so.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
I couldn't go to sleep until say 1am or so.

That happens to me A LOT at the 3 day seminar I attend..Train all day, go out for dinner and cocktails and STILL can't fall asleep as I am thinking about the next days training....

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That happens to me A LOT at the 3 day seminar I attend..Train all day, go out for dinner and cocktails and STILL can't fall asleep as I am thinking about the next days training....

I am often thinking about the training I had just had. Sort of working through things in my head, what I did right, wrong, how it felt, how it should feel, etc. Don't have time to think in class, so I tend to do alot of the thinking after class.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sort of working through things in my head, what I did right, wrong, how it felt, how it should feel, etc. Don't have time to think in class, so I tend to do alot of the thinking after class.

That and attempt to decipher my notes and rewrite them, and THAT'S if I am still able to grasp a pen...LOL...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how many of you are like me and cannot wait to get to training tonight? I finished my lesson plan earlier and it looks great and I am looking forward to teaching and training tonight.
icon14.gif
Literally I took a little time off yesterday because my body was saying to take a break (over training) and today my mind and body are literally jumping to get into the Training Hall. (I can feel the energy rolling off of me) So are you ready to go and break a sweat tonight, clean your mind and let your body soar?

Absolutely!!!! It was like that in the past, but even moreso now, due to the fact that because of my shift, I can't make it to as many classes as I'd like. I take advantage of any chance I get. If its a class, a private lesson or just a get together with a few people, I'm always ready! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh yeah, still there with you. Sometimes going to a class is just the tonic I need to lift my spirits or mood, and make a slight adjustment to my outlook on life in general. I am well aware of how big of a hole in my life is left when I cannot regularly train.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I love going to class, in fact I regularly tell everyone that the best thing about weekend is that it's soon going to be Monday and that's early class day!
I wish I could go to more late Wednesay classes too but I've got a daughter and husband that "need me"..... personally I think it's total rubbish, they are just being selfish. They don't need to eat on Wednesdays, one day a week won't hurt.... :idunno:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can honestly say that, 9 times out of 10, I'm really jazzed about teaching! I love my art & I love my students. It's a lot of fun to teach it, too.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Beats the alternative, though, eh?

Affirm!!! Not too bad this morning, actually. For me, the worst part of getting up on Thursday is that I get very little, bad quality sleep on Wednseday nights. A two hour workout from 8-10 and then trying to go to sleep just isn't in the cards, I'm too wired when I get home.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The Love of martial arts.....helps the mind and souls of everyone.

It grows with time, PLEASE! .. do not leave me (the passion for it).

Always excite about going to class...seeing others who enjoys the training. (some are force to go..but that is alright too).

Please? Teacher....we want to learn more! Do not end the classes early....yes learning is endless....BUT we want to get there!

LOVE means having more than one GI....so one does not smell as much.

The martial arts is a: NATURAL HIGH....the blood rises in each class..pounding and pounding more....(sometimes we pound someone else).

Are we LOVERS? .....of the arts? ...of the training? ...UM? Could be...my heart is still pounding...thumb,thumb,thumb.......wow!

PS: Does this mean when the class is full...we are making love? ....Aloha (from a lover) and (having fun here!)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Affirm!!! Not too bad this morning, actually. For me, the worst part of getting up on Thursday is that I get very little, bad quality sleep on Wednseday nights. A two hour workout from 8-10 and then trying to go to sleep just isn't in the cards, I'm too wired when I get home.

That is similar to me. From 7-10 and then 1 hour drive. It is usually 0100 before I can go to sleep. Which makes 0600 wakeup suck!

Latest Discussions