So How Many Of You Are Like Me?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So how many of you are like me and cannot wait to get to training tonight? I finished my lesson plan earlier and it looks great and I am looking forward to teaching and training tonight.
icon14.gif
Literally I took a little time off yesterday because my body was saying to take a break (over training) and today my mind and body are literally jumping to get into the Training Hall. (I can feel the energy rolling off of me) So are you ready to go and break a sweat tonight, clean your mind and let your body soar?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian I'm with you already at the school going over everything in my head for tonight classes and jsut cannot wait for it to begin.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So how many of you are like me and cannot wait to get to training tonight? I finished my lesson plan earlier and it looks great and I am looking forward to teaching and training tonight.
icon14.gif
Literally I took a little time off yesterday because my body was saying to take a break (over training) and today my mind and body are literally jumping to get into the Training Hall. (I can feel the energy rolling off of me) So are you ready to go and break a sweat tonight, clean your mind and let your body soar?

If you include beating trees I'm with ya :)

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
No matter if Aikido or Tai Chi, my training never finishes. Whenever I get the chance (work or home) I practice steps and movement or if at home when my daughter takes a nap I grab a Jo staff and go outside and "play" with it. Of course it is not as intense as it is during class and there is no one throwing me around all over the mat, but I still considering training.
And Actually if I have to tell the truth regarding Tai Chi, I prefere practicing alone at home where I can do the form at my speed (usually much slower than what we do in class) and concentrating more on intent and different feelings.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
No matter if Aikido or Tai Chi, my training never finishes. Whenever I get the chance (work or home) I practice steps and movement or if at home when my daughter takes a nap I grab a Jo staff and go outside and "play" with it. Of course it is not as intense as it is during class and there is no one throwing me around all over the mat, but I still considering training.
And Actually if I have to tell the truth regarding Tai Chi, I prefere practicing alone at home where I can do the form at my speed (usually much slower than what we do in class) and concentrating more on intent and different feelings.

My daughters will spend the night at their mother's house after I take them to their karate sparring class....... then I, too, will enjoy the rare peace and have planned a long night of Tai Chi form and sword practice.... plus some reading.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since I cant personally do any kicking I still go on Wed. night and sit and watch the fellas and do a little knife flow drill stuff and work some hapkido. On Thursday I do son mok soo, eui bok soo and cane.

I am completely faunching at the gills right now.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wish I could go but....hey...someone has to keep the world safe for Democracy. :lol:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian, I'm like you enough that I'm slowly going crazy here because the combination of bad snow days, holidays and my own currently overstuffed schedule means that we haven't had classes in my school for three weeks now... :tantrum:

I've been training at home as best I can but most of my drills there are balance drills, and while I can work on hyungs and try to work out apps for parts of them, there is something very different between training at home by onesself and training with your instructor and classmates... We better be back in business next week or I really will wind up having a fit of some kind...

The thing is, I always feel so much better after a hard TKD workout that it kind of reduces all of the petty nonsense that accumulates in the course of a normal day to almost nothing... I have never gone to a workout feeling blue and come out of it feeling the same. So it's something I really look forward to doing—and when I can't, it's ultra frustrating!!

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been thinking about training tonight ever since the last time I trained! But then again, I'm a bit obsessive...

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to training tonight! I'm not all that thrilled about waking up tomorrow, though. :uhyeah:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to training tonight! I'm not all that thrilled about waking up tomorrow, though. :uhyeah:

Beats the alternative, though, eh?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, What a feeling to find something that you LOVE doing. That can't wait to go to your martial art classes. The sign of a true lover of the martial arts. You live to do it....nothing else is as important!

Only other people do not understand your passion. The body hurts somedays...the muscles..are tired...YET you can't wait till the next class!

I know this feelings...because I LOVE FISHING....A passion and hobby. We fish for Ulua's. 10 different kinds in Hawaii. Can grow to over 200lbs. largest on record is 150lbs. The goal is to catch one over 100lbs. There are about dozen major Ulua tournments in Hawaii each year. (Shoreline fishing only). 13'foot poles (tips size of a finger tip) 80lbs test line is common and very large hooks. baits are often over a pound in size.

We train only two days a week..being going for 13 years so far...and on and off the last 30 years in other arts too. We really love going to the Seminars (for our schools only) in Las Vegas each year. (had to miss some).

Can we have two choices? The martial arts and going fishing!

PS: We karate chop some of our fishes! Aloha

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because of my schedule I cannot train as often as I like..But when afforded the opportunity I pour everything I got into it..

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Training is done for the evening. I could barely keep myself awake. It was a long day. I am so beat after working out, but it feels super good.

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to live for the training periods, now- I can only wait until the doc says OK

I hate being sick. er , wait. I love being sick and twisted- just hate having polymyalgia

Latest Discussions