Sifu is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
So during our talk, my student mentioned his testosterone injections. More than a coincidence I'm guessing. Food for thought anyway. So if this applies to you, I'd have a talk with your doctor. Just sayin'. ;)

I used to inject testosterone but I quit that because it made me even quicker to anger.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I got lots of people coming up asking me to help them fight better. That must mean something. I won't continue this path, but it has done some good believe it or not, much more than ever got for being a coward.

Not to say you acted like one. I believe you didn't, that is how it will be viewed by most though which enables yourself for others to try and mess with you.
If people view you as a coward for doing the right thing so be it. And if those people try to mess with me I'll do the same thing as I did before there can't be a fight if I refuse to fight and walk away. That's your thing you need to realise who cares what people think. Think of this way you get in a fight mess some guy up in the streets you get taken to the police station they ask you why did you fight? You say he challenged me and insulted me, they ask why didnt you walk away, you say I didn't want to look like a coward. Do you think that'd be a good reason do you think they'd say oh okay fair enough off you go on your way no of course not

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
I got lots of people coming up asking me to help them fight better. That must mean something. I won't continue this path, but it has done some good believe it or not, much more than ever got for being a coward.

Not to say you acted like one. I believe you didn't, that is how it will be viewed by most though which enables yourself for others to try and mess with you.

You would never call your sifu a coward for not fighting without proper cause. I think sadly it is just you calling yourself a coward, the effect you are seeing is one where you feel confident for a moment or two. Takes more confidence to walk away not because you want to avoid the fight but because you know you can beat him and as such he is no threat to you.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
You would never call your sifu a coward for not fighting without proper cause. I think sadly it is just you calling yourself a coward, the effect you are seeing is one where you feel confident for a moment or two. Takes more confidence to walk away not because you want to avoid the fight but because you know you can beat him and as such he is no threat to you.

So it's more about not being a bully then?

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Exactly not all styles have competition. What about tai chi or aikido (not sure if aikido has competition but I don't think so but I could be wrong) not everyone wants to fight personally I hate the idea of fighting if I ever do need to I'd hate it. I mean I will if I have to and I'd have no problems using what I know if my life depends on it but I wouldn't feel cool or tough about it at all. I've never cared about testing myself
I'm not talking about competition

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to inject testosterone but I quit that because it made me even quicker to anger.

You probably know the other side effects too.
I don't know about the other posters but one reason I keep posting on here is because I actually think you are an engaging and honest young man who I feel wants advice, you might not take it of course lol but I do think it's worth trying to help! I am by nature a bossy female who feels the need to mother nearly everyone so it's no surprise I offer advice left right and centre wanted or not. My sense of humour is military and police which is not always understood here so I can understand when you make jokes that people take as very serious comments though of course some people have absolutely no sense of humour at all......
Take no notice if people think the thread should be closed down, if they think it's bad they should have a look at the firestorm we are having on social media in the UK over the referendum, even when we had a section for political stuff on MT I've never seen such vitriolic spiteful and racist stuff posted before so this thread is like a sparkly unicorn flower fest compared to what I've been seeing the past few days, so as we say here, you crack on with your posts! :D

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you.

I heard some stuff about the referendum and I feel like I have no place to talk about it. I am not from the UK and never been there, I do hope they didn't come to the decision out of a distaste for middle Eastern immigrants though, from what I seen on Twitter many people are saying "send those kebabs home". Very disappointing, then again we have people in the U.S who aren't too friendly either.

My sifu said something like that about me, " If I thought you were hopeless I would have told you to get the @#$% out a long time ago."

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I heard some stuff about the referendum and I feel like I have no place to talk about it. I am not from the UK and never been there, I do hope they didn't come to the decision out of a distaste for middle Eastern immigrants though, from what I seen on Twitter many people are saying "send those kebabs home". Very disappointing, then again we have people in the U.S who aren't too friendly either.

My sifu said something like that about me, " If I thought you were hopeless I would have told you to get the @#$% out a long time ago."

Some of the stuff being posted is really funny, a vote leave chap posted up a petition ( you can petition the government to debate a subject in parliament here) in May to ask for a second referendum because he thought 'leave' would lose, however it's had three million signatures from the 'Remain' people lol. We won't get another referendum but think how bad he'd feel if we did and 'leave' lost instead. :p
It's not Middle Eastern immigrants in particular, it's all immigrants, these people are equal opportunity haters lol.
Brings to mind another English saying ' you've gota larf ain't cha', which probably sums up life pretty well really.

I'd suggest that every time you get mad, fed up or about to think about fighting this comes into your head instead, it's a very good earworm and you can't but help feeling that bit better as you sing it, because everyone does! :D:D:D

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll keep that song in mind next time a Trump supporter tells me to go build the wall. :p. Funny his is many of my ancestry comes from Hawaii so yeah, they been here longer than any of them.

America is unique in the fact immigrants tell other immigrants to get out for being immigrants XD.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll keep that song in mind next time a Trump supporter tells me to go build the wall. :p. Funny his is many of my ancestry comes from Hawaii so yeah, they been here longer than any of them.

America is unique in the fact immigrants tell other immigrants to get out for being immigrants XD.

No, actually we are a lot like the Mother Country.

That little island has seen wave after wave of immigration. I slept through most of Mrs. Hallor's fourth form European History class but I vaguely recall something about very early pre-celtic peoples, then the Celtic invaders (the Britons), then the Romans, then the Anglo-Saxons, Danes. and Norsemen, along with Geats, Jutes, Frislanders and other low-land Germanic raiders during the Early Middle Ages (also Dark Ages or "Age of Migration"), then the Normans in 1066 and so on.

Incidentally these are the same restless people that centuries later kept migrating westward across the Atlantic and took control of the North American Continent. Talk about immigration problems, what we (Anglo-Saxon and Anglophone European Americans did to the native Americans, was a strategy first worked out in the Highland Clearings against the Scottish Clans. Got that from Dr. David Murray, a brilliant young professor of Anthropology I had as an undergraduate student a long time ago.

So now as we enter another age of migrations, we are seeing the same xenophobia on both sides of the Atlantic. Locally here in Arizona, the immigration is largely from Mexico. My first response to the increasing numbers of Mexicans in my neighborhood back in the 90's was to learn Spanish. Weird huh? By contrast most of my "white" neighbors and friends began clamoring for deportations and stricter border security, support for our famous "Sheriff Joe" and his immigrant roundups, and now Donald Trump.

Am I alone in thinking that we Americans are pretty much like our British cousins, except perhaps for our peculiar love affair with guns? Not judging mind you. Politics have no place on this forum! Just expressing a sense of kinship, if you will. ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another funny thing is that we have more British emigrants in other countries than we actually have immigrants here only when they go abroad we call them ex pats!
I think what the referendum has shown here is how easily divided people can be, and so much of it was from the media and social media, rumours, whispers, outright blatant lies. people you though you knew suddenly start spouting political slogans you would never imagine they would believe. It's actually scary how quickly everything turned nasty. A Sifu I meet on seminars and respect tremendously is posting of his fears because he and his family are Chinese, the far right who jumped on the 'Leave' bandwagon are taking this as 'their' victory.
Now if the mods think this is going towards being political and off topic it's not, I believe that when times get difficult and they will here because a recession is coming, all sides admit it, that we should allow the best side of us to come out not the worst. When things are difficult for us and things are spiralling out of our control, there may be nothing we can do BUT we can always control our attitude. that is the one thing no one can ever take away from us however dire, however in a hole we think we are, we always control our attitude.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
He attacked me first though, even though I kind of egged him on. You know what never mind, I should have just ignored that idiot.

There were girls there and they probably would have thought I am a wuss or something but oh well, I already have one that's better than them.
Just catching this. Regardless of whether you were attacked first you have to be able to articulate that the force you used was reasonably appropriate for the force, or threat of force that confronted you. That is the thing about the law, both Criminal and Civil when it comes to self defense, it's not simply about the fact you are being confronted but the reasonableness of you response.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
So it's more about not being a bully then?

Well imagine this. You are at a party and there are some girls there seeing you. Now a guy walks up and wants to create a fuss or even start a fight, quickly you join in and beat him up.

In the meantime the smooth talker puts himself in the center, sits down with those girls and start talking. At the same time he asks his friend, who admires him for the reason that he has the attention of all the girls, to go get him a drink. All the while laughing at the two of you hot heads fighting it off.

Now who do you think have the most respect from the people around him? You who beat a sorry sod up? The sorry sod who did not know better? (And if you are unlucky because he got beaten the girls want to tend to him) Or the guy that put you both beneath him without flexing a single muscle?

I am not saying you should be a pushover, but to fight someone you already know you can beat when you have another option is not the best choice. Instead don't be the bully. Be the center of their attention instead, the person they admire and respect. Everyone can make enemies, it takes a someone that deserves the respect to keep everyone his friends.

It is not the brawler that goes home with the ladies at the end of the day. (Nor is it the nice guy, or pushover as is more fitting name)

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well imagine this. You are at a party and there are some girls there seeing you. Now a guy walks up and wants to create a fuss or even start a fight, quickly you join in and beat him up.

In the meantime the smooth talker puts himself in the center, sits down with those girls and start talking. At the same time he asks his friend, who admires him for the reason that he has the attention of all the girls, to go get him a drink. All the while laughing at the two of you hot heads fighting it off.

Now who do you think have the most respect from the people around him? You who beat a sorry sod up? The sorry sod who did not know better? (And if you are unlucky because he got beaten the girls want to tend to him) Or the guy that put you both beneath him without flexing a single muscle?

I am not saying you should be a pushover, but to fight someone you already know you can beat when you have another option is not the best choice. Instead don't be the bully. Be the center of their attention instead, the person they admire and respect. Everyone can make enemies, it takes a someone that deserves the respect to keep everyone his friends.

It is not the brawler that goes home with the ladies at the end of the day. (Nor is it the nice guy, or pushover as is more fitting name)
Agreed on everything but the last... now it may argue that in this case the "nice" is but appearance but the "nice guy" can be the "smooth" guy to. You ca use the "nice" as a key to create that opening, the trick is to not be so nice that fail to walk through the door [emoji6]

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
Agreed on everything but the last... now it may argue that in this case the "nice" is but appearance but the "nice guy" can be the "smooth" guy to. You ca use the "nice" as a key to create that opening, the trick is to not be so nice that fail to walk through the door [emoji6]

True, we just have the "nice guy" in my country as a term for someone that is shy and clumsy with words and as such never gets the girl but always dreams about being the knight in shining armor.

So I agree, being nice has nothing to do with the subject.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
True, we just have the "nice guy" in my country as a term for someone that is shy and clumsy with words and as such never gets the girl but always dreams about being the knight in shining armor.

So I agree, being nice has nothing to do with the subject.
Oh usually the same is used in the US and ends you in the "Friend zone" until you get enough of those under your belt and learn that fortune favors the bold lol

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So apparently an anonymous caller told him about "how I beat up a middle aged man who is out of shape." This led to a long talk about fighting and he asked me honestly is this a habit of mine.

I told him about the other two incidents and he told me to take off the top of my gi and give it back to him. Since he doesnt want the dojos emblem to be associated with me.

I tried to make my own case and explain to him but he just wouldn't hear it. He didn't even let me finish talking so I tried talking over him to get a word in and that just annoyed him.

So he said if you want it back, spar me for it. Obviously I was reluctant to do that because he is better than I am, I foolishly agreed to it. It turned out pretty bad for me, I got lots of bruises on my body and eventually I balled up when I got tossed to the floor to try and stop his strikes.

He kept telling me "You don't like that do you?" I tried to roll onto my feet and as soon as I did it was back to the floor again. I gassed out, I was angry and spent, I wanted to fight back, I wanted to hurt him because he pissed me off. No matter what I did though nothing worked, it was like drowning.

Nothing I did made it any better and just made it worse on myself. Finally he stopped, and he asked me "Was that a fair fight?" I told him "no it wasn't" he said "oh really!? Why isn't it fair?"

I said "because you're a better fighter." He said "so if you don't like that why are you doing that to other people, when you should know better than that?" I didn't know what to say. So he shouted again, "why are you picking fights with people weaker than you?"

I explained to him I didn't do that, then he said "ok, call me a chicken, call me some names and see what I'll do." I did and he said "So what. I don't care. See how easy that is?" Then he got close to me and said "Words do nothing, honor and pride are things you don't understand, things you shouldn't bother with. Right now all they are going to do is get you killed."

I nodded. He told me that if I wish to continue I can never get in fights again unless my life depends on it. No sparring with idiots at the gym or in its parking lot, and no fights with relatives or anyone.

When he feels I am more mature as he put it, he will give me back the gi jacket. Until then I have to either use just a t shirt or my old gi, but hey at least on the bright side my old gi has no sleeves and looks awesome.

I am honestly thankful I am still allowed to go back after all that. That was pretty scary and I've never experienced something like that before. It was pretty embarrassing too, luckily though he did it on a day only a couple of people showed up to class.

Well assuming you not trolling here? And there was a middle aged man that got beaten up and some one saying you did it. Call the police and get the police report or police call out. The police report would rule you out, base on the suspects description and info. Or go to the police station and get the victim to come on down to station to say if you did it or not. Unless it late at night and you are wearing dark clothing like lot of suspects do, than you could be mistaken if the victim did not get good look at you face.

If it is mistaken identity. Next time wear clothing where you stand out not blend in.

But funny if the martial arts instructor thought you did it? Yes did it!! He did not call the police and kick you out of school and say never come back to his school ever again!!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well assuming you not trolling here? And there was a middle aged man that got beaten up and some one saying you did it. Call the police and get the police report or police call out. The police report would rule you out, base on the suspects description and info. Or go to the police station and get the victim to come on down to station to say if you did it or not. Unless it late at night and you are wearing dark clothing like lot of suspects do, than you could be mistaken if the victim did not get good look at you face.

If it is mistaken identity. Next time wear clothing where you stand out not blend in.

But funny if the martial arts instructor thought you did it? Yes did it!! He did not call the police and kick you out of school and say never come back to his school ever again!!

You're not keeping up. Ironbear24 posted about his intention to beat up a family member prior to the assault, and then described it afterwards. There's no doubt of his guilt. And it's guilt of the worst kind, since it was a premeditated assault.
Personally, I'd encourage the family member to press charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.