Hot head rolling partner

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not his coach or his daddy..(at least I hope not lol) so I'm not going to spend extra time working with a kid who's been violent towards me and others. That's up to the instructor and his parents
Interesting. So you find it creates a problem for you rolling with him but you don't view yourself as having any responsibility in resolving issues you have with your training partner?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. So you find it creates a problem for you rolling with him but you don't view yourself as having any responsibility in resolving issues you have with your training partner?

It doesn't cause any problem for me I can handle that punk kid just fine and no it's not my responsibility it's the instructors he's the one in charge he's the one that needs to sort out his students not me. I haven't got an issue with him he's just a hot headed punk who acts like that to everyone because of his ego. I'm no coach and no psychiatrist. I'm there to train not babysit a kid with a big ego

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh yeah because making a kid cry is such a great thing to do and doing that would make me so tough and not a total douche. If that's how you act then that shows the kind of person you are. I'm not going to injure a kid for a stupid piece of fabric.

My issue is the kid hurting other people who can't defend themselves as I have stated before. Because you see I don't just think about myself and my own ego

And yet your posts kind of scream out ego.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It doesn't cause any problem for me I can handle that punk kid just fine and no it's not my responsibility it's the instructors he's the one in charge he's the one that needs to sort out his students not me. I haven't got an issue with him he's just a hot headed punk who acts like that to everyone because of his ego. I'm no coach and no psychiatrist. I'm there to train not babysit a kid with a big ego
And yet so far you have thought about punching him, gouging his eye, and breaking his arm, rather than talking to him. That's not handling him. That's failing to handle him.

Sounds like partly your issue dude.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
And yet so far you have thought about punching him, gouging his eye, and breaking his arm, rather than talking to him. That's not handling him. That's failing to handle him.

Sounds like partly your issue dude.

Wait what? Do you have trouble reading? Seems you're struggling a bit there, I said I would gouge his eye if he continued squeezing on my neck after time runs out I would've defended myself if he attacked me and as for breaking that's just plain wrong since I said I literally let go of his arm so I didn't break it....maybe you should try reading a bit better. I'm not going to hold his hand and give him a hug it's not my job it's the instructors job. His club he deals with his scummy students not me. I don't like the kid for the way he acts so I'm not going to spend some more time with him

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wait what? Do you have trouble reading? Seems you're struggling a bit there, I said I would gouge his eye if he continued squeezing on my neck after time runs out I would've defended myself if he attacked me and as for breaking that's just plain wrong since I said I literally let go of his arm so I didn't break it....maybe you should try reading a bit better. I'm not going to hold his hand and give him a hug it's not my job it's the instructors job. His club he deals with his scummy students not me. I don't like the kid for the way he acts so I'm not going to spend some more time with him
You thought about it.

So no, I don't have trouble reading, but thanks for making it personal.

If it's bordering on a situation where we are talking about assault during a training session, then there's something there for you to learn. Not everything is only the instructor's responsibility.

Maybe take some responsibility for your own training experience. There is more to training than physical skills. Interpersonal skills go a long way toward resolving situations like this without the need for an instructor to be involved.

If you care about this enough to be asking for advice about it here, then clearly it affects you. The quality of your training experience is within your gift.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
His club he deals with his scummy students

Wow. This says much about your level of respect for your trainer and your fellow students. Sounds like six of one and half a dozen of the other.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You thought about it.

So no, I don't have trouble reading, but thanks for making it personal.

If it's bordering on a situation where we are talking about assault during a training session, then there's something there for you to learn. Not everything is only the instructor's responsibility.

Maybe take some responsibility for your own training experience. There is more to training than physical skills. Interpersonal skills go a long way toward resolving situations like this without the need for an instructor to be involved.

If you care about this enough to be asking for advice about it here, then clearly it affects you. The quality of your training experience is within your gift.

Um no it's called defending myself because some punks putting me in danger. I'm not going to be some kids punch bag and if he's yanking had on my neck after time has expiring or walking up on me like he's going attack me then damm right I'm going to defend myself

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. This says much about your level of respect for your trainer and your fellow students. Sounds like six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Oh god here we go, Well it is his club it's an instructors job to deal with out of control students which this one is since as I have said multiple times he acts like this towards everyone. Umm don't start all this respect bs I respect him just fine but I'm not doing his job for him

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Um no it's called defending myself because some punks putting me in danger. I'm not going to be some kids punch bag and if he's yanking had on my neck after time has expiring or walking up on me like he's going attack me then damm right I'm going to defend myself
Thereby escalating a situation that could be so easily prevented or resolved with words before it comes to that. Not exactly grown up behaviour, is it?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh god here we go, Well it is his club it's an instructors job to deal with out of control students which this one is since as I have said multiple times he acts like this towards everyone. Umm don't start all this respect bs I respect him just fine but I'm not doing his job for him
Scummy isn't a respectful word.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thereby escalating a situation that could be so easily prevented or resolved with words before it comes to that. Not exactly grown up behaviour, is it?

Again if you can read properly you'll know I told him time was up and he kept going so yeah I'm going to defend myself if I'm attacked

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Again if you can read properly you'll know I told him time was up and he kept going so yeah I'm going to defend myself if I'm attacked
Rather than talk about it with him and let him know that it's not OK, you'd rather let it happen again and then punch him in the face. Sounds like a good martial arts attitude.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rather than talk about it with him and let him know that it's not OK, you'd rather let it happen again and then punch him in the face. Sounds like a good martial arts attitude.

Oh okay I'll just let him punch me in the face and try and talk in between punches and hope I'm not knocked out before finishing my mr miyagi speech. The kid wouldn't listen to me he thinks he's better than everyone he'd just ignore it I mean he's ignored the instructor so he's not going to listen to me and yeah if someone attacks me I'm defending myself I'm not going to attack first but if he swings on me I'm defending myself that's what martial arts is self defence and self defence isn't letting someone punch you in the face

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clearly

Well yeah....of course I don't...it's a word and I'll use what words I like I'm who I am I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I say my opinions and if people don't like that then that's their choice lol SCUMMY I can't believe you're upset over that word it's not a swear word it's discriminating against someone it's a word deal with it

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:
Tempers appear to be rising. It would be best for all concerned if they cooled off a bit.
Further sniping and/or rude, personal attacks will result in points being issued, accounts being suspended, or closed.
Please don't make us do that. Keep the conversation polite and professional.

Mark A Cochran
@Dirty Dog
MartialTalk Senior Moderator

Latest Discussions