Seagal training the posse

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Arizona Democratic House Minority Leader Chad Campbell called the plan to use Seagal as an instructor "ludicrous."
"Steve Seagal is an actor. That's it. Why don't we also have Clint Eastwood and Chuck Norris and Bruce Willis come out and train them too while we're at it," Campbell said.

I think Chad Campbell should do his homework before he opens his mouth. Seagal is a 7th dan in aikido. Chuck Norris was the first Westerner in the documented history of TKD to be given the rank of 8th Degree Black Belt Grand Master. Bruce Willis did work as a security guard before he was an actor. Clint Eastwood never favoured empty hand. He much preferred a gun, and in his 80s he is a bit old, but I would rock up for training any day with Seagal or Norris. :asian:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll go shoot 44 magnum with Clint...Make my day!

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, he looks too much like my ad.. that would be icky! ^_^

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After he put this preachy, self-righteous crap in On Deadly Ground, who has taken him seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After he put this preachy, self-righteous crap in On Deadly Ground, who has taken him seriously?
What has a failed movie to do with his ability to train people to provide security to schools? :idunno:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What has a failed movie to do with his ability to train people to provide security to schools? :idunno:

I consider him to be a wind bag....

I heard somebody with an armory of axes to grind pull all kinds of 'this is his court record in New Jersey, go look it up'
And you know, you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

(and Under Siege is his only good movie...)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to understand that after the school shooting many people were advocating volunteer security for schools but when someone actually does something about it, he cops flack. Seems to me, some people just don't like Seagal. :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the point is that there are probably much better trainers out there who haven't starred in nearly as many movies. I like him too but he wouldn't be my first thought for school shooter scenario training.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to understand that after the school shooting many people were advocating volunteer security for schools but when someone actually does something about it, he cops flack. Seems to me, some people just don't like Seagal. :asian:

yep, it seems like it....

I am trying hard to think about the last movie he made...Glimmer man comes to mind...I watched the first 15 minutes I think, turned it off. I don't think he has dne much 'work' since...except his short lived TV show...

He seems to have a talent to rub people the wrong way. NOW, if Chuck Norris had offered....but I am guessing he knows his limitations....as does Clint :)wink:)

I have my doubts that aikido is enough of a qualification in a school shooter scenario, nor film work, although the movies seem to be utilized as training material by the bad guys....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think the point is that there are probably much better trainers out there who haven't starred in nearly as many movies. I like him too but he wouldn't be my first thought for school shooter scenario training.

Sheriff is an elected position. Having Joe smith come train them gets you no publicity.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sheriff is an elected position. Having Joe smith come train them gets you no publicity.

well, it can backfire to invite some people though...

On the other hand...I am sure sheriff is getting extra points for taking actions...whether or not the training actually amounts to a hill of beans...chances are they will never find out anyhow....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it can backfire to invite some people though...

On the other hand...I am sure sheriff is getting extra points for taking actions...whether or not the training actually amounts to a hill of beans...chances are they will never find out anyhow....

I'm sure this is not the only training these people are getting

Latest Discussions