Salute from a new member

OP
Flashing Dagger

Flashing Dagger

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. The Tracy technique is called Flashing Daggers and it is our version of Parting Wings.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Flashing Dagger!
You're a Kenpo practitioner, you're from Ohio, so I know you'll do well :) .

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flashing Dagger said:
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new here and I am looking forward to having some great kenpo discussions with all of you. I have been studying the art (from the Tracy lineage) for several years now and have recieved the 1st of 3 brown belts (3rd degree) this year.

I hope this forum is tolerant to all forms of kenpo as all too often we are reminded that unfortunately there is some bad blood circulating in the kenpo community. I believe that we all have something to learn from each other.

I do study the Tracy system but I've always had a great respect for the American kenpo practitioners (whom I would never want to tangle with) and for Ed Parker. Mr. Parker's influence really can't be denied. I think it's important to realize that Kenpo existed as a complete system and as recognizably "kenpo" long before Mr. Parker came along, but also that he was a brillant teacher and innovator of the art. I guess politics really turns me off.

Salute.

Sup man. =)

Latest Discussions