Re:Parker/Tracy linage

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

This could be misleading. :( If one really understands American Kenpo, you will realize that there are in fact "layers" of learning expansions. I teach the entire system with all the basics, forms, sets, 154 Self Defense Techniques, Coordination Exercises, Freestyle Techniques, Sayings, Creed and Pledges, drills, and all bells and whistles that are there, but more important is the "method" in which I teach the curriculum and instill in the students the ability to teach so as to learn from the material as well.
:asian:

Good point GD7 :asian:

I am currious though, do you teach the self defense techniques as they are laid out in the web of knowledge? I'm interested in your opinion on that (to follow or do them in any order you see fit)

Chuck

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For the beginner, I teach them pretty much in order, however once in a while I may teach one or two out of sequence. In the long run it really doesn't matter.

Now during the "What if Phase" we do more family groupings and are all over the charts. lol For different reasons.

R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

For the beginner, I teach them pretty much in order, however once in a while I may teach one or two out of sequence. In the long run it really doesn't matter.

Now during the "What if Phase" we do more family groupings and are all over the charts. lol For different reasons.

Don't get Goldendragon7 going on the what if phase. He will variably expand your horizons til your brain pours out your ear.

Just kidding, I would love to do so what if stuff with the yellow belt techniques onthis forum.

Latest Discussions