Wichita Kenpoist Attention Please. TY

M

Mark Weiser

Hey the Family has decided to move back to the Wichita Kansas Area. I need to know who is currently active in Teaching Kenpo in this area. TY for you time. We will be moving back to Wichita around the begining of December 2005.

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi There,

I found this on the net for you. I have met Mr Walter Justice a very interesting and knowledgeable man and Mr Tom Kelly I have heard the name but never met the gentleman but he seems to be in Wichita.

There may be others

http://www.kenponet.com/studionet/kansas.html

Hope your training continues well.

Amrik

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tom "Big Bear" Kelly is a great man. Very tough training but also very humerous. You should definately go see him.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Aren't board memebers Brother John and Hunter teaching AKKI material out of Wichita?

Lamont

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks Folks. I made contact with Mr. Kelly yesterday and we are planning on starting training in Mid December. Unless we move sooner than expected lol. Thanks for your time and energy in replying to this thread.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Thanks Folks. I made contact with Mr. Kelly yesterday and we are planning on starting training in Mid December. Unless we move sooner than expected lol. Thanks for your time and energy in replying to this thread.
Please give Sibok Kelly my regards and a big howdy. I would actually prefer you to give him a left over right salute, say OOS, then give him my best. He is one of my favorite Kenpo Seniors who I have not seen in years.

Thanks and I think you made a great choice.

Respectfully,
-Michael

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr Billings, I just saw Mr Kelly a couple of weeks ago and he is doing just fine. I always love his humerous way of teaching.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Coincidentally his son called me tonight from Pawnee, OK where he has a club and is looking for sparring partners and people to work out with.

IT REALLY IS A SMALL WORLD ... unless ... did he read this thread?

I wonder.......????

-Michael

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Sibok Kelly is as good as other MartialTalk members say that he is. However, the important part is whether he is a good fit for YOU. I highly recommend that you check out AT LEAST a couple of Kenpo instructors in the area. See which one fits you!

Two other instructors in the Wichita area are Mr. Brian Hunter and Mr. John Haag. Their website is http://www.geocities.com/hsokenpokarate/home.html

*Remember* This is not an endorsement. Just a recommendation on how to continue your personal path. Check out and compare different instructors!

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Andrew Evans said:
I have no doubt that Sibok Kelly is as good as other MartialTalk members say that he is. However, the important part is whether he is a good fit for YOU. I highly recommend that you check out AT LEAST a couple of Kenpo instructors in the area. See which one fits you!

Two other instructors in the Wichita area are Mr. Brian Hunter and Mr. John Haag. Their website is http://www.geocities.com/hsokenpokarate/home.html

*Remember* This is not an endorsement. Just a recommendation on how to continue your personal path. Check out and compare different instructors!
Thank you for the honorable mention Mr. Evans. I appreciate it.

Though I'm sure Mark would be well served if he should study under Mr. Kelly, if he wants to stop by and say hi...that'd be great! Always good to meet a fellow Kenpoist in the Wichita area.

Your Brother
John

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have met Bam-Bam Hunter once, and enjoyed meeting him. Brother John I have known on-line for years. My recommendation was based solely on my relationship and perception of Sibok Kelly. I gotta love the man as he has been with me the entirety of my Kenpo journey, from 1979 Kenpo camps in the mud or dust, to now. I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for him.

I did not mean to slight anyone in any way, and hope that my earlier posts did not come across that way. He is just who I associate with when I think of OZ and lots of wind. There is nothing wrong at all with checking out any of the great Kenpo guys and schools around, and you should. My preference was not based on a comparison of training with these men at all, so check them all out and make up your own mind. Heck, you are lucky to have more than one Kenpo school in the area as far as I am concerned and it is a luxury to be able to pick and choose (unless you are from California).

-Michael

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
No offense taken at all Mr. Billings! I can tell that you're very close to and fond of Mr. Kelly. I respect that! I know you didn't mean to imply "Don't go to that other Kenpo school", but you just feel very strongly toward Mr. Kelly. No harm, no foul.

But I would like, some day, to get to make your aquaintence. Brian speaks highly of you.

Your Brother
John

Latest Discussions