Right or wrong we belong

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was at the US Open I heard some people say those people from AAU or other orgs have no business here. Well first off why not we paid the entry fee and played by your rules and came away with wins and loses, this is America the land of the free and the way of the all mighty dollar. I for one believe the USAT has some nerve to even suggest or say anything since between out of org people and out of the country folks we made up nearly 80% of all the people there.

When will orgs and people relize that TKD will only grow when we all come to relize that we all do belong.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well, they dont.... unless they have a USAT membership too.
icon10.gif

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
7 AAU Jr National Team Members medaled at the US Open.

My daughter and C. Carstens(Silver Medal) are the only USA athletes to make to the quarter finals in her division 18-32 female fin both AAU Team Members.

No Sr results are coming up at this time...I only know my daughter division off the top of my head.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was at the US Open I heard some people say those people from AAU or other orgs have no business here. Well first off why not we paid the entry fee and played by your rules and came away with wins and loses, this is America the land of the free and the way of the all mighty dollar. I for one believe the USAT has some nerve to even suggest or say anything since between out of org people and out of the country folks we made up nearly 80% of all the people there.

When will orgs and people relize that TKD will only grow when we all come to relize that we all do belong.

First Open implies Open
Second unless the application and or tournament rules state you must be a USAT member then your money is as good as the next guy. You still abide by their competition rules and their referees? yes? USAT cannot afford to turn anybody with cold hard cash away. USAT like Gadhafi possibly has some reality issues.
Third what % were saying that and what was their personal bias? possibly they attended expecting low turn out and did not want much competition for their students?

Lastly my moma says stupid is as stupid does? Why worry about people who do not matter to you or you don't care about? They have no power or credibility unless you choose to give it to them. Great news about your daughter post a link of her best matches if you can

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

If that is how USAT feels then perhaps you and other AAU members should bypass US Open in favor of Canada Open or Mexico Open or even Korea Open.

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Terry, Friello has never hidden the fact that he does not like his people attending usat events,remember the letter last year?
Askinas needs every player he can get,this year all color belts will qualify for jr/sr natl's,the top 4 bb's sparring will qualify,the top 2 poomse will qualify for trials at states.
Who were the people at the open talking about this? Were they Askinas or Kaufman or referee's,or just other players?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not having been there, not knowing anybody in 'The Circle'

I am guessing that those who flapped their gums did not field top performers.

Tell me if I am wrong.
:)

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am confused. If I have a USAT membership then I am a USAT member no matter how many other orgs I belong to also. So I am not sure who said what but it really makes no sense.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am confused. If I have a USAT membership then I am a USAT member no matter how many other orgs I belong to also. So I am not sure who said what but it really makes no sense.

I think it was a complaint about those scrubs NOT member USAT having the gall to show up for an open tournament....
;)

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like sour grapes from a USAT member who has been beaten or is afraid of being beaten by AAU athletes.

I would take it as a compliment to AAU athletes.

Open means OPEN; not exclusionary.

Last edited:
OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not having been there, not knowing anybody in 'The Circle'

I am guessing that those who flapped their gums did not field top performers.

Tell me if I am wrong.
:)

No you are right..
icon14.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score

You would think so, but it seems like alot of people do not have there clubs signed up with USAT and just registered some people to go and compete. A certain somebody we all know and truely love was sitting outside with a few other people saying this. He should remember some people have very good hearing especaially when he does not see anybody....

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, Friello has never hidden the fact that he does not like his people attending usat events,remember the letter last year?
Askinas needs every player he can get,this year all color belts will qualify for jr/sr natl's,the top 4 bb's sparring will qualify,the top 2 poomse will qualify for trials at states.
Who were the people at the open talking about this? Were they Askinas or Kaufman or referee's,or just other players?

This is only partly true what Friello has said if you are in a position of making money with AAU than choose a side and then the AAU nade him retract that statement. Askinas is a complete *** and continue to be so, when 80% of your field is made up of people from other countries and other orgs you should be grateful for them. Just look at the medal count the US was near the bottom and it was our event. Last thing for the moment where was our National Team and our Olympic hopefuls? Did'nt Davie tell the world to bring your best?:asian:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
You would think so, but it seems like alot of people do not have there clubs signed up with USAT and just registered some people to go and compete. A certain somebody we all know and truely love was sitting outside with a few other people saying this. He should remember some people have very good hearing especaially when he does not see anybody....
How can you register for the event without paying the $35 to USAT for a membership? The registration page won't even let you do anything unless you are a member. Is there some back door way?

Plus to coach you must register with USAT as well and also take the AC course as well.

I think David must have known some AAU official or something and just made a comment. I don't think he was referring to any competitors.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How can you register for the event without paying the $35 to USAT for a membership? The registration page won't even let you do anything unless you are a member. Is there some back door way?

Plus to coach you must register with USAT as well and also take the AC course as well.

I think David must have known some AAU official or something and just made a comment. I don't think he was referring to any competitors.

Well actually if you are from another country no need for a membership to USAT plus anybody can coach the same rules do not apply for the open. I did not take a course in years and still was able to coach. David was probaly just trying to ruffle some feathers but that just shows how inmature he is about everything.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
David was probaly just trying to ruffle some feathers but that just shows how inmature he is about everything.

He's under a lot of pressure from all directions. I don't know if it is immaturity or that pressure cooker he's got himself situated in. And that pressure cooker is ready to explode. One thing that is different from six or seven years ago -- you don't hear anyone defending USAT anymore.

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
He's under a lot of pressure from all directions. I don't know if it is immaturity or that pressure cooker he's got himself situated in. And that pressure cooker is ready to explode. One thing that is different from six or seven years ago -- you don't hear anyone defending USAT anymore.

Actually, Herbert is doing a bang up Job defending not only USAT but claims Davie is the Best CEO that the Sport of Taekwondo has ever seen! And......All these complaints are not unusual in NGB's.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, Herbert is doing a bang up Job defending not only USAT but claims Davie is the Best CEO that the Sport of Taekwondo has ever seen! And......All these complaints are not unusual in NGB's.

There are always a few dedicated followers who have buried their heads so deep down a body crevice they can't tell time with an atomic clock....

And it does seem to the uninvolved (like me) that belonging to that type of personality was a promotional requirement within the organization....

Latest Discussions