Recovering well.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know that I have not posted much in the past month. I have began a most excellent career with Edward Jones. I am working in the background and compliance aspect of potential hires. I am responsible for the U.S. and Canada. Lots to do.

Anyway, my recovery is going great and things for me are looking up. I have been asked by GM Hildebrand to update and more or less take over our organizations website. www.moosulkwan.com. Also, in mid-March I was given a key to open our school. That is reserved only for the red or black belts. I am only a blue in MSK. That means I have purple and brown to go before red.

To cap that off, this past Monday I was asked to substitute teach class by one of the Master instructors whose having a hard way to go, he and his wife are having kidney and intestinal health trouble.

My dan is in judo, not hapkido or tae kwon do. However, I spent an hour of helping the 6 little guys and 2 little girls to prep for their yellow belt test that is coming up soon. I love teaching, it is always fun to see serious minded students trying really hard. As a treat I let them play dodgeball for 20 minutes till the end of class while I worked on my stuff.

Sorry folks that I haven't posted much in the past month. It has been quite busy, take care all and happy easter tomorrow.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like your doing well Matt..Congrats

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent news. Glad to hear that everything seems to be going your way. Congratulations on your new career,and especially your recovery progress. Happy Easter

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going great - congratulations!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you, Matt, and your news is great—you are definitely on a roll! May it continue for a long, long time....
icon14.gif

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know that I have not posted much in the past month. I have began a most excellent career with Edward Jones. I am working in the background and compliance aspect of potential hires. I am responsible for the U.S. and Canada. Lots to do.

Anyway, my recovery is going great and things for me are looking up. I have been asked by GM Hildebrand to update and more or less take over our organizations website. www.moosulkwan.com. Also, in mid-March I was given a key to open our school. That is reserved only for the red or black belts. I am only a blue in MSK. That means I have purple and brown to go before red.

To cap that off, this past Monday I was asked to substitute teach class by one of the Master instructors whose having a hard way to go, he and his wife are having kidney and intestinal health trouble.

My dan is in judo, not hapkido or tae kwon do. However, I spent an hour of helping the 6 little guys and 2 little girls to prep for their yellow belt test that is coming up soon. I love teaching, it is always fun to see serious minded students trying really hard. As a treat I let them play dodgeball for 20 minutes till the end of class while I worked on my stuff.

Sorry folks that I haven't posted much in the past month. It has been quite busy, take care all and happy easter tomorrow.

Well Geez, Matt! It sound like ya just been lounging around doin' nothin:ultracool . New job ( that really sounds great, BTW) updating the wbsite, key to the dojang & teaching.....I think we can excuse you for not posting 100 times a day on a forum. :ultracool

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Matt, its great to hear you are doing so well. The cream always rises to the top just as you have. Keep up the great work and congrats on your new career path as well.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
matt.m wrote
"take care all and happy easter tomorrow."

Thank you Matt! Happy Easter to you and your family and all your many friends and also to your few ‘enemies’.
Interesting web site (www.moosulkwan.com). I am looking forward to see the contributions and updates that you make. Good luck my friend, I understand so little IT/Web stuff but it seems like it will be a lot of work.

Brian King

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sounds like you have got soemthing you can be really happy doing there matt.. well done and have a grat Easter.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt sounds like you have your hands full, keep up with the recovery and training and best of luck to you.

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi Matt, we seem to have a lot of similarities. I very much remember being given my key to the gym, I am the webmaster for our school's website, and I have recently fallen in love with teaching as well (I am much better assisting than being the only one in charge though by far!!!!) Oh and I have my own recovery to look forward to! Best wishes to you Matt, you are on your way to great things!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Matt. Sounds like you have been busy and having a great time. Glad you dropped us a line! Happy Easter to you as well!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's wonderful news, Matt! I'm also glad that your recovery is going well.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Geeze Louise, if this gets any sweeter you are going to have to go on a diet. Da-ammmm.

See, you need some one like me to bring you back to the real world.

You are very welcome. :)

Latest Discussions