question from a student

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I don't really need the reference as I own a copy of each book in the series as well as the paralell series about bean. I've read each book at least 100 times, and still read them on a daily basis.

I'm a scifi nerd what can I say

I own them all too... but I've only read each one 3-4 times; the newer couple only once or twice... so many books, so little time, and so little bookcase... time to build a new bookcase... again... and 90% of it (at least) is SF/fantasy - around 2000 volumes.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTH is Ender Wiggen?
He's a character in a short story which became a novel called Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. In the book, children who show appropriate aptitudes are recruited to go to Battle School, where they play what amounts to a sophisticated game of Capture The Flag with aspects of Laser Tag. The game is actually practice for developing strategies to fight an alien race. Ender turns out to be the hope of mankind because he's able to be exactly as ruthless as necessary to win, while also understanding his enemy so well that he knows exactly how to defeat the enemy. When it's time to act... Ender acts, decisively and for the total destruction of his enemy.

So... in all honesty... If Ender & Chuck were to fight... Chuck would tear the pages of the book apart! But that's no fun to think about!

More info is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game
I suspect that there'll be plot spoilers there... Just fair warning!

Edit: Ok... so other folks beat me to it. I still think it's a great story! And, in poking around on the web, there might be a movie being made! I think a movie of Ender's Game has the potential of being great!

Latest Discussions