question from a student

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
one of my students just asked a question and i need some help with the answer, 'cos honestly i don't know.

who'd win if it was chuck norris vs. ender wiggin?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chuck most definitely! When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks under the bed for Chuck Norris. ;)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not to be flippant ... oh well, yes jus this once then :D ... how can there even be a question? ROFL

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I would have to say Ender - not because of any lack of respect for Chuck's skills, but rather because they have very different notions of "win" and "morality". Ender is a pre-emptive type, who, if he feels he might be threatened, would attack and fight to the death - his definition of "win" being "opponent will never be able to attack again" - Chuck, on the other hand, would stop when he felt he had gained a clear win - his definition of "win" being "clear superiority without total destruction of opponent". So while Chuck has the more refined skills, Ender's different morality would, I think, lead to a more permanent "win".

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I would have to say Ender - not because of any lack of respect for Chuck's skills, but rather because they have very different notions of "win" and "morality". Ender is a pre-emptive type, who, if he feels he might be threatened, would attack and fight to the death - his definition of "win" being "opponent will never be able to attack again" - Chuck, on the other hand, would stop when he felt he had gained a clear win - his definition of "win" being "clear superiority without total destruction of opponent". So while Chuck has the more refined skills, Ender's different morality would, I think, lead to a more permanent "win".
I agree...

I don't think there would be a fight. If Ender perceived that Chuck would likely attack him -- Ender would act preemtively and decisively and do whatever it would take to defeat & destroy Chuck...not merely win the fight.

You can't beat that...

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are we talking today's retired Chuck or the 6 time middleweight champion Chuck? I mean, Chuck can divide by zero, has counted to infinity twice, and is known to slam revolving doors. :lol:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Give me chuck before he was chuck all day long, he would wipe the floor with him.

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
now that a few have weighed in, i'm definitely in the ender camp.

if ender wiggin had any notion that a brawl with chuck was coming, not only would ender win decisively, but chuck wouldn't even know he'd been in a fight. chuck would be in heaven, getting thanked by jesus for his beard, before he realized anything was wrong.

now it's true that if chuck got the drop on ender, chuck would roundhouse kick the little boy into next week. but this is ender wiggin. nobody gets the drop on ender, not even ender.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think you folks are underestimating Ender. He did destroy an entire race, after all. It would be a long, bloody fight and I'm not sure we'd be able to tell the pile of body parts apart enough to declare a winner.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WTH is Ender Wiggen?

Ender Wiggin is the main character in a series of books by Orson Scott Card. The first book is called Ender's War, and is about a 6 year-old boy who is taken into an officer's training program called "Battle School". As the culmination of his training, Ender destroys an entire race of aliens (the "buggers" - a hive organism roughly equivalent to ants, but with Earth-level technology) that is threatening humanity. Just before Ender is told h e has been accepted to Battle School, his monitor (an electronic bug hooked into his nervous system) is removed; he is then beset by bullies, all older and bigger than himself, who had stayed away as long as he had the monitor - he then beats the leader of the boys so severely the boy later dies (although he doesn't know it), with forethought - knowing that if he beats the one boy severely enough, avoiding the rules of conflict prevalent among his peers by continuing to beat him after he is down, that is the only way to keep the others from coming after him later.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoops... on the other hand, I did that off the top of my head... not using Wikipedia for reference! :ultracool

Well I don't really need the reference as I own a copy of each book in the series as well as the paralell series about bean. I've read each book at least 100 times, and still read them on a daily basis.

I'm a scifi nerd what can I say

Latest Discussions