Profile of a Killer

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, is there a "wtf?" button to click on people's posts?

Mason Jennings a little too Zen for ya, huh? :lfao:

The frogs in the video are African bullfrogs, also called pixie frogs, though I don't find anything particularly elfin about them. Some guy picked Jennings' "The Mountain" as the soundtrack for his frogs' feeding, and it seemed oddly apropos-the frogs, not the song, which is completely apropos, and about how hate can take over your heart, or an idea-like fear- can take over your mind.

"The Mountain"

I was waken late the other night
There was a bird trapped in my heart
I tried to open up and let it out
Before it tore my chest apart
I tossed and turned
I prayed for it to stop
I scratched my face and tore my sheets
But I was way too late, my heart was gone
And in its place these bird wings beat

I was waken from a day to day dream
There was a bird trapped in my mind
I tried to open up and let it out
But there was no use in trying
And where I once had a head full of thoughts
Of happiness and daily things
There is only strange darkness now
And in the darkness this bird sings:

"I'm coming down the mountain
I've been coming for some time
I'm coming down the mountain
And this whole dark valley is mine"

Seems to me that some of us could stand to open up our minds and hearts, before that hate and fear takes them over completely........just sayin' :asian:

("Martial artists?" Really? :lfao:)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just not eloquent.

But Catholic, Prodistant falls under Christianity, So aren't they both factions of the main title? and wouldn't the IRA or UVF be factions of the factions? Therefore sub factions on some level?

The IRA and the UVF are terrorist organisations not religious groups, I seriously doubt they are church goers somehow. Both groups have political aspirations as well as aiming to wipe each other off the face of the earth.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm just not eloquent.

But Catholic, Prodistant falls under Christianity, So aren't they both factions of the main title? and wouldn't the IRA or UVF be factions of the factions? Therefore sub factions on some level?

IRA and UVF are terrorists that use religion as a convinient excuse.

Sunnis and Shi'ite are branches of Islam. Al'Queda, Hamas, etc are terrorist organizations using Islam as a convinient excuse.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sunnis and Shi'ite are branches of Islam. Al'Queda, Hamas, etc are terrorist organizations using Islam as a convinient excuse.

Exactement mon ami!

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score

My point is.
We gotta quit this what side of the isle we're on thing and just knuckle down and do the work. If their an insane piece of garbage.. hunt, them hear, them and hang them. Doesn't matter if they're a terrorist, a quasi religious or flat religious nut their still a nut.

Great now I pissed off the squirrel lobby :uhyeah:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
motivation is an issue tho.

if pastafarians keep blowing up noodle houses, it would behoove the police to start keeping an eye on the pastafarians.

wouldnt it?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

if pastafarians keep blowing up noodle houses, it would behoove the police to start keeping an eye on the pastafarians.

wouldnt it?
Depends. I mean Scientology's pretty wacked, and they get to have their own navy and secret police with tax exemptions.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

wouldnt it?

But the 'Islamic' terrorism is political. None of what is happening in the ME is religious. it's all about power and territory. They would estblish a theocracy simply because it's currently more expedient than a communist dictatorship.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mumbai vs. Oslo:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/mumbai_vs_oslo.html

From the article:

Just days before a barbarian (alone and belonging to no one, no group, just the twisted sickness of a legend in his own broken mind) murdered over seventy people in Norway, the city of Mumbai was attacked in a brutal jihad by Muslim extremists, again. Hear about that? Not so much.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But the 'Islamic' terrorism is political. None of what is happening in the ME is religious.

that is 100% incorrect

it IS religious because it is commanded in the koran for them to take over the political sustems of countries and replace it with religious rule

the problem IS the religion

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
that is 100% incorrect

it IS religious because it is commanded in the koran for them to take over the political sustems of countries and replace it with religious rule

the problem IS the religion

They want the Jews out. They want the land. Period. Full Stop. Has everything to do with power and territory.

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
They want the Jews out. They want the land. Period. Full Stop. Has everything to do with power and territory.
Then that gives me a question. Are/were the Shaw's in Iran religious or political leaders?
What about all the Imam's advising Ahmajinedad?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you havnt been paying attention. it isnt about the jews, it is EVERYONE that isnt them, in every nation they dont already control.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a new article on Iranian weapons killing american soldiers...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/record-number-of-u-s-troops-killed-by-iranian-weapons-20110728

from the article:

U.S. military commanders in Iraq say Iranian-made weaponry is killing American troops there at an unprecedented pace, posing new dangers to the remaining forces and highlighting Tehran’s intensifying push to gain influence over post-U.S. Iraq.
June was the deadliest month in more than two years for U.S. troops, with 14 killed. In May, the U.S. death toll was two. In April, it was 11. Senior U.S. commanders say the three primary Iranian-backed militias, Kataib Hezbollah, the Promise Day Brigade, and Asaib al Haq, and their rockets were behind 12 of the deaths in June.
A detailed U.S. military breakdown of June’s casualties illustrates the growing threat posed by Iranian munitions.

Covert Iranian shipments of munitions into Iraq are not a new phenomenon, but Buchanan said the amount of weaponry being used against U.S. forces throughout the country has reached unprecedented levels. U.S. ground patrols have in the past suffered one or two EFPs in a single attack, but Buchanan said some recent incidents have involved as many as 14 of the powerful bombs. American bases, meanwhile, are being struck by dozens of rockets at a time. In mid-July, a single U.S. outpost was hit by 40 rockets, though none caused casualties, Buchanan said.
“The number of EFPs being used in a given attack, the number of rockets being launched in a single volley—all of that is much higher than in the past,” Buchanan said.

U.S. officials say the EFPs, rockets, and IRAMs all come from neighboring Iran. Tehran denies providing the weaponry to Shia militias operating in Iraq.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And despite beeing a ruthless dictator, Saddam kept Iran in check and the region relatively stable. All the invasion did was de-stabilize the region, extract a high cost, both in terms of human lives and $$$, and help Iran solidify it's power base.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Iranian government denies shipping arms. After all, the international arms trade is a game for everyone, regardless of morality. Altho' it usually deemed more proper (aka profitable) to sell arms to both sides.

In the Falklands war, to cite an example close to home, we were facing warships from, er, well, erm, you see ... OKAY! They were ex-Royal Navy :eek:. Additionally, French and American supplied war-planes fired French and American supplied munitions at us.

Arms supplying really isn't a game that any nation in the world can pontificate on ... not and keep a straight face at any rate.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
"When religion and politics ride in the same cart, the whirlwind is sure to follow" --Frank Herbert

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And you'll never see anything official about it, but you do know that we've been sending soldiers into Iran since 2006........

They are just tourist hikers that get lost and accidentally cross borders.

Latest Discussions