Pole dancing

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
We've had strippers as students in WSD classes. Most of them were college students at a couple of prestigious liberal arts schools. One was a single mom and a full-time student. They were able to make room, board and a big chunk of tuition doing part-time work outside of class hours. It beat McDonalds or maid service. It's not a job I would want even if I were qualified. On the other hand I've had plenty of jobs which were harder, more dangerous and every bit as objectifying and demeaning in the "legitimate" economy.

We did extra self defense instruction for a few of them with help from people who had done a lot of security work for dancers. It's amazing how much of what they needed to know was like babysitting.

Show up on time.
No matter how much fun it is, don't take the drink or the Peruvian Marching Powder the customer wants to share.
Don't date customers.
Don't take rides from customers.
Don't give customers your real name or tell them where you live.
If you're doing outcall dancing keep your phone or a walkie talkie on in your bag. Have your driver listening in.
Share tips with the bouncers.
If the boss tries to coerce sex from you, leave right away. Collecting your clothes on the way out is optional.

My first Silat teacher used to drive for a couple of his friends who danced. They had a routine. He would stand there looking dangerous. She said "Hi! I'm Avalon, and this is my associate, Bruno."

"Miss Avalon will dance for one hour. I will return in one hour. Do not touch Miss Avalon."

He waited right outside, rain or shine, heat or snow with the radio on. If the radio stopped he would be at the door in seconds.

Yes, a lot of strippers end up as werewolf bait. And that's a terrible thing. But there are ways to make the job less dangerous.

It's not a perfect world. All you can do is make your best choices and try to live in it.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

[yt]2H1zjRU8hBo[/yt]

It's called 'gymnastics' in the video, but still very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
pole dancing, stripping, prostitution, etc.

demeaning, degrading, objectifying. Nuff said.

As long as there is no coercion involved, the “performers” should be allowed to do as they so please.

Last edited:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clearly, not being of either the gender or the inclination to take part in such 'work' choices (I don't like to call them professions or careers as it lends them social legitimacy), I can only proffer an opinion and some observations.

If the money is there to be made and the safeguards are in place and actually work, then it is hard to fault a woman for making use of her physical assets to earn a living. I once shared a house with a couple of 'exotic dancers', as they used to be called not so long ago, and as well as being beautiful and athletic, they were also smart and aware of what their choices entailed.

Both were at the same university as me but only one graduated. This is where the "cautionary tale" bit comes in as the lass that didn't decided that she would never earn more in a 9-to-5 job than she would doing what she was. So she dropped out. We kept in contact for a while but by the time our social link faded away she was on a nasty downwards slope for the insidious evil of 'hard' drugs had taken a foothold.

A sample of two is hardly going to be representative but all I can say, from my experience, is that it seems a 50-50 proposition at best whether it is a useful call when it comes to employment.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’ve known both male and female exotic dancers, and it’s amazing when you hear of the money they can make in a week. More then they would ever make anywhere else. “Hmm I can make 2 – 3K cash, a week doing this or 3- 4C working at Mcdonalds.”…guess what wins out. I’ve known of some good, hard working single parents who have done it, same reason, easy, fast money. You do as you must to keep your kids feed and clothed.

It gets sad and nasty when drugs and violence get involved. Again, if the coercion wasn’t there, do as you will.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think there is any thing wrong with Poles dancing , there should be more of it in my opinion.

If Polish folks want to dance to a good lively polka , and they're not hurting anyone , then more power to them I say.

Latest Discussions