Playground "Death Move" Conspiracies

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I received flashbacks of kids discussing the spooky, edgy "death moves" they learned from YouTube or their hormonal cousins who learned it from YouTube. "Chinese death grab," "Korean death grab," you name it. Of course no of them are remotely true — no, you won't penetrate somebody's sternum and "feel their jelly insides" by pressuring it with your thumb, and you won't Vulcan nerve pinch your way through an unsuspecting dude.
None of them did any martial arts and simply claimed they knew these moves to be edgy and tacticool. I'm sure somebody reading got into similar discussions.
Disturbingly there are still people who believe the mystical dim mak or other pressure point instant knockouts, are real. I regard them on the same level as flat Earth theorists, expect these people's arguments for why instant knockouts and death moves are real are even more incredible than flat Earth evidence.

Ahh, MA normie-hood was bliss.

Anyway, fun thought.

MaMaD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i have no information about that death moves and stuff, but just encourage them to take MA classes, everything else will be settled.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me it ain't so! These things aren't true? Oh my days I shall have to go and sit down!
Don't forget the punching the nose and the 'nose bone' penetrates the brain and kills you one.

On the subject of flat earthers...I saw a post on FB the other day where one of them said it's know all around the world that the earth is flat. Think about it lol. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell me it ain't so! These things aren't true? Oh my days I shall have to go and sit down!
Don't forget the punching the nose and the 'nose bone' penetrates the brain and kills you one.

On the subject of flat earthers...I saw a post on FB the other day where one of them said it's know all around the world that the earth is flat. Think about it lol. :)
Yep, there are really people who train their finger tips to penetrate flesh, and it isn't hard. My friend, growing up, was a trained pianist. His hands were like tools of death. You wanted no part of his Vulcan death grip. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok nose punch. This is what makes me a bit skeptical.

images

Ok. this dude lived. What is a fragment of nose bone in comparison?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The nose bone thing is too dangerous to try. All the guy has to do is rear his head back, and you have a heel palm full of teeth. Keep it under the chin, like a normal psycho. o_O

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

images

What is a round from a .45 in comparison to that spike? It's all about placement. I'm not saying the nose bone thing is true or not.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait, now I know a guy who heard a story of a fighter in a secret kumite match who got caught by two ninjas in an alley in a remote city in the dark behind a closed door when nobody was there but him and he hit one guy in the nose and killed all four of them.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

images

This is actually similar to an injury in a famous case study used in psychology to understand the brain and personality. I've forgotten the victim's name, but he was a railroad supervisor, as I recall.

D

Deleted member 34973

Obviously, you all have never seen "The five fingers of death".

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait, now I know a guy who heard a story of a fighter in a secret kumite match who got caught by two ninjas in an alley in a remote city in the dark behind a closed door when nobody was there but him and he hit one guy in the nose and killed all four of them.
Which city?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had a not-so-bright kid tell me once that his friend did a death-touch on him.

I suggested that perhaps his friend is not very good at it.