Photography Challenge # 1

Fusion Taekwondo LLC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alright everyone. I did a quick search and did not see that there ever was a photography challenge in this subsection of the forum. So, I am going to start the first one. The rules are simple.
1. Take a photo between now (11/26) and 12/3 (Monday) on the topic provided below.
2. Post it here with some basic info (shutter, ISO, aperture, etc...)

Voting
- Voting will begin on 12/3.
- I will created a separate thread for voting.
- Do not vote in this thread.

Other rules
- The photo has to be taken during the time frame posted above.
- You can take a picture with whatever you got (mobile phone, DLSR, pinhole camera, polaroid, etc...)
- You DO NOT have to be a professional to participate. This is just for fun.

TOPIC: What is your favorite winter activity?
Interpret this loosely. I know not everyone here is from a region that has snow.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob, I need you to send me a picture of YOU shoveling snow so I can enter it. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out. :(

My favorite winter activity? Going SCUBA diving someplace warm, but we're not going to be doing that during the timeframe required.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you create a photo of anything that references that activity even if you aren't doing it? My fave winter activity is snowshoeing in the White Mountains, and there's no way I will be able to do that in the time frame either, but trying to think of ways to be creative ;)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the catch is that YOU have to take the photos, and the photos have to be take NOW, during the contest.

I've got tons of photos of my favorite winter activity, but I cannot possibly take any now.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Winter fort by Sikaranista, on Flickr

Edit: taken with the iPad. ISO 125, f2.4, 1/120 sec

Favorite winter activity? Building a fort ;)

Last edited:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasn't able to get a shot in this time unfortunately :(

OP
F

Fusion Taekwondo LLC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have good news and some bad news.

Good news, Carol is our winner! Thank you for participating and sharing your image.

Bad news, we did not have enough participants in order to vote on a winner. But that is ok. It will take time to build this as it is a new thing here.

Would you like to give it another try? If so comment below and I will set up the next one.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How 'bout something a little more general like photo of the month. Folks enter pictures as they want and every month a winner is picked. No specific subject, just what people want to show. I really enjoy seeing pictures of things I would never imaging photographing and what the appeal was to the one who took the shot.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How 'bout something a little more general like photo of the month. Folks enter pictures as they want and every month a winner is picked. No specific subject, just what people want to show. I really enjoy seeing pictures of things I would never imaging photographing and what the appeal was to the one who took the shot.

You can start that one! ^_^

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm totally game for more...I tend to agree, something less restrictive would be good, it would be great to see more photos from the other folks here :)